Friday, June 01, 2007


This is a picture of Grandpa's little helper. I was planting tomatos and she just had to be there as well. If I can find the picture of my other little helper I will post that as well.

This will be extremely short. I have a Ham Radio test at noon today and I NEED to study. My church just called and want me to teach Sunday School this Sunday and the lesson is on hypocrisy. They sure picked the largest hypocrite to teach that one. Should be an interesting Sunday.

Hooray, hooray, hooray. I finally put my pontoon boat in the water, didn't catch any fish 'cause I wasn't there that long, butttttttttttttt, I did get some rowing practice in. I have never rowed a boat in my life and I think I covered every inch of the water trying to get back to shore. Cheryl felt so bad that she finally agreed to let me get a motor for it so we went and did that yesterday afternoon. I should be a happy man now... that is if I can catch some fish.

Watched my favorite movie star of all times last night, John Wayne, in the movie "The Searchers". Yes, it was a good day yesterday.

Got to get moving or time will run out on me. I will leave you with this from a Catholic school teacher... many of you probably have seen it.

Oh, by the way, welcome "Mountain Mama" to my blog. Good to have another genealogist on board. I have been trying to put the bug in some of my blogging friends but so far no takers. Aleaha thanks for the note. Is that Cabela's store in Alpine, Wyoming? Sarah (iowamom) sorry for not answering your questions. I don't know the lady you asked about. I have got to get my lazy hindend doing more research on the Lewis line. Now about the school teacher....
************************************************************************************
tattooremover.wmv Check out this site to learn how to remove a tattoo. Cootie bug you better read this.
*************************************************************************************

The Catholic School teacher was sitting at her desk grading these papers all the while trying to keep a straight face and maintain her composure!

PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THE WORDING AND SPELLING. IF YOU KNOW THE BIBLE EVEN A LITTLE, YOU'LL FIND THIS HILARIOUS! IT COMES FROM A CATHOLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEST KIDS WERE ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENTS.
THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS ABOUT THE BIBLE WERE WRITTEN BY CHILDREN. THEY HAVE NOT BEEN RETOUCHED OR CORRECTED.
INCORRECT SPELLING HAS BEEN LEFT IN.
1. IN THE FIRST BOOK OF THE BIBLE, GUINESSIS. GOD GOT TIRED OF CREATING THE WORLD SO HE TOOK THE SABBATH OFF.
2. ADAM AND EVE WERE CREATED FROM AN APPLE TREE. NOAH'S WIFE WAS JOAN OF ARK. NOAH BUILT AND ARK AND THE ANIMALS CAME ON IN PEARS.
3. LOTS WIFE WAS A PILLAR OF SALT DURING THE DAY, BUT A BALL OF FIRE DURING THE NIGHT.
4. THE JEWS WERE A PROUD PEOPLE AND THROUGHOUT HISTORY THEY HAD TROUBLE WITH UNSYMPATHETIC GENITALS.
5. SAMPSON WAS A STRONGMAN WHO LET HIMSELF BE LED A STRAY BY A JEZEBEL LIKE DELILAH.
6. SAMSON SLAYED THE PHILISTINES WITH THE AXE OF THE APOSTLES.
7. MOSES LED THE JEWS TO THE RED SEA WHERE THEY MADE UNLEAVENED BREAD WHICH IS BREAD WITHOUT ANY INGREDIENTS
8, THE EGYPTIANS WERE ALL DROWNED IN THE DESSERT. AFTERWARDS, MOSES WENT UP TO MOUNT CYANIDE TO GET THE TEN C OMMANDMENTS.
9. THE FIRST COMMANDMENTS WAS WHEN EVE TOLD ADAM TO EAT THE APPLE.
10. THE SEVENTH COMMANDMENT IS THOU SHALT NOT ADMIT ADULTERY.
11. MOSES DIED BEFORE HE EVER REACHED CANADA . THEN JOSHUA LED THE HEBREWS IN THE BATTLE OF GERITOL.
12. THE GREATEST MIRICLE IN THE BIBLE IS WHEN JOSHUA TOLD HIS SON TO STAND STILL AND HE OBEYED HIM.
13. DAVID WAS A HEBREW KING WHO WAS SKILLED AT PLAYING THE LIAR. HE FOUGHT THE FINKELSTEINS, A RACE OF PEOPLE WHO LIVED IN BIBLICAL TIMES.
14. SOLOMON, ONE OF DAVIDS SONS, HAD 300 WIVES AND 700 PORCUPINES.
15. WHEN MARY HEARD SHE WAS THE MOTHER OF JESUS, SHE SANG THE MAGNA CARTA.
16. WHEN THE THREE WISE GUYS FROM THE EAST SIDE ARRIVED THEY FOUND JESUS IN THE MANAGER.
17. JESUS WAS BORN BECAUSE MARY HAD AN IMMACULATE CONTRAPTION.
18. ST. JOHN THE BLACKSMITH DUMPED WATER ON HIS HEAD.
19. JESUS ENUNCIATED THE GOLDEN RULE, WHICH SAYS TO DO UNTO OTHERS BEFORE THEY DO ONE TO YOU. HE ALSO EX PLAINED A MAN DOTH NOT LIVE BY SWEAT ALONE.
20. IT WAS A MIRICLE WHEN JESUS ROSE FROM THE DEAD AND MANAGED TO GET THE TOMBSTONE OFF THE ENTRANCE.
21. THE PEOPLE WHO FOLLOWED THE LORD WERE CALLED THE 12 DECIBELS.
22. THE EPISTELS WERE THE WIVES OF THE APOSTLES.
23. ONE OF THE OPPOSSUMS WAS ST. MATTHEW WHO WAS ALSO A TAXIMAN.
24. ST. PAUL CAVORTED TO CHRISTIANITY, HE PREACHED HOLY ACRIMONY WHICH IS ANOTHER NAME FOR MARRAIGE.
25. CHRISTIANS HAVE ONLY ONE SPOUSE. THIS IS CALLED MONOTONY.

Kids, you gotta love them.
*************************************************************************************




This was Grandpa's other little helper that day. She wasn't too sure about the dirt and the grass felt funny to her.

Have a nice day everyone.

7 comments:

Still just me said...

Aren't grandkids wonderful!

Mountain Mama said...

I do love seeing children playing in the dirt! Come to think of it I rather like doing it myself. I have always loved gardening.
You asked what mountains I live in. I am in Bellingham, Washington, near the base of Chuckanut Mountain. I have enough deer around her to stock a forest.
I am fascinated with youe sister's name. Aleaha. Do you know what it means? I love the name

darkfoam said...

you sure do have the cutest offspring, irishman....
go figure..;)

i always thought pontoon boats came with a motor!. i wouldn't want to paddle a box around. how awkward is that? glad you have a motor now.

well, as far as church and sunday school classes...i always thought the best preaching and teaching was by folks who knew what they were taking about..;)
but, you don't come across as a hypocrite to me..

and those answers by the children were hilarious!

Jeanette said...

Gday Tim, Regarding my grandaughters Debutante ball (Debut) Its should be the Girls 1st appearance, Entrance, to a Formal ball.
iI love your little helpers and don't they love playing in the dirt.

Pamela said...

precious grandkids

as for AND 700 PORCUPINES. ... makes me feel a lil prickly!

Angelina said...

I hope Sunday school went okay for you. What variety of Tomatos do you grow?

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Sunday school went just fine. I feel my calling to be a preacher and when I find out where foam lives I am going to camp on her doorstep and preach hellfire and the other stuff.:)
The variety of tomatoes is the RED ones. That is about all I know on the subject.
Will you Washington people please send some rain and cool weather our way. Thank you very much.