Thursday, June 14, 2007


Now this looks like something I would expect to see in the great state of Texas.

I have some bad news and some good news depending on how you look at it.

The Irishman is going to be gone for about 2 months or so and will not be posting again, probably in August. I have enjoyed blogging with all of you and want you to know I consider you to be my friends, even though we have never met.

I have been on a bus run for a few days and then got sick for a few more and am just now starting to feel like being up and doing something worthwhile. Think I will go and lay down for a while.

Dana I still wonder if a Baptist will take a Mormon fishing.

Foam I will miss your comments. I feel it would be a real pleasure to meet you some day buttttttttttttttttttttttt it is nice to know you in cyberspace.

I will still check in on all of your websites once in a while and maybe leave a comment or two.

Next week we leave on a trip to New Mexico and California. Not exactly a vacation trip but will try and enjoy it. We will be bringing back 4 grandchildren with us which will keep the summer interesting.

I cannot leave without posting another of my silly jokes or stories. Sorry.
***********************************************************************************
RESPONDING TO WOMEN'S CONCERNS

Apple Computer announced today that it has developed a computer
chip that can store and play high fidelity music in women's breast
implants.

The iTit will cost $499 to $599 depending on speaker size.

This is considered to be a major breakthrough because women have
always complained about men staring at their breasts and not listening
to them.
*************************************************************************************

A young ventriloquist is touring the clubs and one night he's doing a show in a small town in Arkansas.
With his dummy on his knee, he starts going through his usual dumb blond jokes when a blond woman in the 4th row stands on her chair and starts shouting:

"I've heard enough of your stupid blond jokes. What makes you think you can stereotype women that way? What does the color of a person's hair have to do with her worth as a human being? It's guys like you who keep women like me from being respected at work and in the community and from reaching our full
potential as a person. Because you and your kind continue to perpetuate discrimination against not only blonds, but women in general...and all in the
name of humor!"

The embarrassed ventriloquist begins to apologize, and the blond yells, "You stay out of this mister! I'm talking to that little sh*t on your lap."
*************************************************************************************

I am sure I have more to say but will close for now.
Have a nice day everyone.

13 comments:

darkfoam said...

awwwww, maaaaan, i'm gonna miss you.
i'm sorry you haven't been feeling well and i mean that. summer can be a busy time and there'll be times when i won't be able to get to a computer..or have the time. enjoy your travels with your beloved wife and how many grandkids.. 4? are you nuts?

well, anyway, bon voyage, happy trails....

and ps: i am so not a road rage type person. i've only flipped the .... twice to folks in my whole driving career and i rarely cuss in the car. i do have my children with me most of the time after all. and really, i'm not an angry driver...

Pamela said...

why don't you stop in a post at the cyber cafe along the way???

I'm jealous of your trip.

Enjoy.

See you in two months?

Jeanette said...

Hi Tim, Hope your feeling much better and have a wonderful holiday. Look forward to some pics on your return . Take care safe traveling.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Hey Irishman! Gee, I finally get a chance to stop by and find you away on holiday. Oh well, at least I know you're having a great time, though a little hectic I'm sure with all those grand kids, lol. Your holiday will give me a chance to catch up on all your posts that I've missed lately. I've been feeling not so good too, as well as have had computer issues... so am way behind.

Have an awesome summer, drop by to say "hi" when you can. Hugs to you and Cheryl.

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Hi Tim! Did you mean you won't' be posting ever again? Or that you will be gone until August? I certainly hope it is the latter cause I can't imagine your not posting at all!
and yes, a Baptist could DEFINITELY take a morman fishing. If you get to North Texas, email me and we'll get together. I would love it!
Have a great trip and enjoy your family - hopefully they won't drive you too crazy :)

darkfoam said...

i'm shutting my blog down for a while, irishman.
but i'll be back late summer..
cya later..

Gwen said...

Hi Tim.
Popped in to say hi,travel safely
enjoy the trip.
See you when you get back.

Tigersue said...

I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer. I will miss my occasional laugh.

Bob said...

Have a good trip Tim, I shall be looking for your return in a few months. Bob.

Fried Lemon Pie said...

Come back already!!

darkfoam said...

hey irishman!...:)
you back? t'was about time!
xo

darkfoam said...

methinks that horsie's back is getting tired. it's time for it to move on and get some rest alright already...!

Tigersue said...

I have nominated you for the Nice Matters Award, check out my blog for details. Date August 16, 2007. :)