Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Oh to be young again. I used to hike up mountains just to ski down them.

My wife and I are at it again. I think we need a divorce counselor. She got all upset with me because when she went to use the bathroom I yelled out, "Turn off the light, the gas will ignite and the house will blow up!" Now what is wrong with that?

My wife is mean and cruel. I am a poor, humble, crippled, pleasantly fat person who is regulated in what he should be doing physically. Does that bother her? Oh, no!!! For the past few days, (thank God for Sunday), she has had me shoveling, planting, watering, spraying, and all other manner of thoughtless work items instead of letting me be like Dagwood Bumstead and enjoy resting.

She claims that my garage is a disaster. Now what right does any woman have to claim the one and only space that a poor man has, that he can claim his own, is a disaster? It might be a little junky, maybe a little dirty but it is organized confusion. Maybe if the little woman would take all her stuff out of the garage (the man's domain) he might be able to move about and enjoy it more.

Did I mention we went camping? All the time there it was, "Get out there you lazy lout and catch me some fish." She don't even like fish. I think she was trying to get rid of me. I had to kneel down and beg her to let me stay in the camper and rest.

I had a poem I was going to write but now I can't think of it. It would have been an original and probably a masterpiece. I could tell the story sent to me by Alice P in Canada but the ending was not a pleasant one and I would be afraid someone might get the wrong idea. What she proclaimed doing to a poor little mosquito was just not right.

Have a nice day everyone.

PS Spraying yourself with Listerine does keep the mosquitoes off.

2 comments:

darkfoam said...

poor put upon wittle you..

ps: praying yourself with listerine probably kept more than just the mosquitoes off .. ;)

Pamela said...

you need a fan in the bathroom.!
Oh silly..I don't mean like a sports fan - or someone to go rah rah rah, one for the team. I mean the kind that pulls the air out and freshens it all up.

(My whole house is a disaster... I just don't want to clean it.)