Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Back in the earlier days of where we lived there was this band of hooligans that roamed the country putting fear in everyone. They were dangerous to say the least. Today they are scattered to the four winds but their shenanigans still live on, except for the parents of course. From left to right, in the back, the names are Katherine, now in Pahrump, Nevada, Michael, now in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the head of the clan, Tim, now in Downey, Idaho, don't you just love the mustache, Kip, now in Bakersfield, California. In the front we have Kimberly, now in Trenton, Utah, the worst of the bunch is Ma, aka as Cheryl, now in Downey, Idaho, and last but not least we have Leslie, now in Provo, Utah. It makes me shudder to think of the crimes this bunch has committed.

We had this picture taken when we visited Virginia City, Montana many years ago. We had a lot of fun on that trip. We also visited the Lewis and Clark caverns which was really neat, although I get a little claustrophobic in closed situations or around a lot of people.

Anyway, I was looking through some of my memory books and came across this and thought I would share it. I was actually looking for my birth certificate which I just knew where it was, but it wasn't. Cheryl had to come along and help me out and of course rub it in a little that I cannot find anything on my own. Harrrumph.

I don't know what the rest of the country is like but it is a tad warm here. Tomatoes are growing like crazy and so are the pickle plants. Normally I have a rough time with pickles but hopefully this year will be a bumper picking. Squash is like a weed. It just spreads all over the place.

We watched the movie, The Notebook, the other night and it reminded us of our life in a way. Cheryl was engaged to another fellow when I came into the picture. Her parents were very much set against me which caused us to elope. I have always regretted that my wife never had a real wedding but she did get a REAL MAN!!! Okay, enough laughing if you please.

Guess I will close for today. Tomorrow we leave for Star Valley, WY to attend the funeral of my brother in law. Kind of gets your attention when someone passes on who is only a few years older.

Have a nice day everyone.

6 comments:

Pamela said...

you really emphasized real man.

we have an old fashioned picture with our girls similar to that. It looks like a tin type.

remind me sometime to tell you my tomato and cucumber joke
hot here, too!!
(ps. did you get the thunder storm we sent your way?)

darkfoam said...

looks like a rough looking bunch alright :) ..
but where's the real man? huh?
i just see a bunch of young kids ..

Jeanette said...

Gday Tim..nice Picture love the mo. Sorry to hear of the passing of your brotherinlaw..

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Hey, hey, hey. I said REAL MAN and I meant REAL MAN.:)) Okay Pam I will be waiting for the tomato and cucumber joke. Nope no thunder storms to speak of, just warm weather.

Thank you Foam. I knew I could fool you with my youthly looks.:))

Jen, that was a good movie but now I am back to blood and guts type stuff.

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

So sorry about your brother in law. You guys have a safe trip. I LOVED that picture and your blog entry today. Very cool.

I got your email about Blanchard, Idaho...sorry I haven't responded. Blanchard is near Cour d'Alene and Priest Lake....trying to think of other towns not too far from it. Idaho was actually very pretty...we loved Montana too - the huge skies that were sooo blue. Loved it! Glacier Park was the best though.

Tigersue said...

Hee, hee. My husband was engaged to another woman when we met!!!!
Love the picture, those were so fun to do. I did one with my siblings for my parents.