Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mercy, I don't even have a decent picture to post. I have been so busy with a special project concerning genealogy that every possible minute is spent on the computer typing in names. Right now I am up to 13,200 and still climbing but I think I see a speck of light at the end of the tunnel. I am shooting for the goal of having all these names indexed before I go back to work.

My darned Internet supplier has been screwing with our service and I have not had Internet for about two weeks or better. The original company sold out and the new company has totally gone downhill. I am hooking up to another company this Friday so hopefully things will be better.

I have missed everyone. I see where Foam has been skinny dipping, Pamela described a rain storm so beautifully that I could almost feel it. Dana posted a thing (can't think of what it is called) about a wildlife preserve near her home and the pictures were beautiful. Foam talked about going skinny dipping, oh I mentioned that. hee, hee, hee. My poor brain cannot remember who else is doing what. I know those Australian women are still telling good jokes.

Cheryl has a sister from Florida visiting which is keeping her busy. Right now they are camping and they keep trying to tell me they are having fun in this heat. Right!!! All I know is the house is nice and quiet, the air conditioner is working just right and I am getting lots done on my project.

Our tomatoes are producing like crazy and so is the squash. Cheryl canned some pickled beets from the garden and they are delicious. Of course they always are when they are your own.

Would you believe that I have done so much typing that my fingers are actually sore.

How is everyone doing? Any new trips this summer that were fun? I get an email from Alice in Canada every so often and she is a hoot. Still looking for a man but apparently all the good ones are taken. Oh yeah.

Oh, did I mention that Foam said she is a skinny dipper? Where did I hear that from? Racy German lady anyway. We have a German lady that lives here. I will have to find out where she is from and let you know. She is a character also.

Would you believe that I have not even been fishing this year. When I get this project completed I am taking some time off and enjoying what I want to do without a deadline.

Enough of my sniveling. Hope this finds everyone well and happy. Have a nice day everyone.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

two women camping alone? Now that is a red letter event!

I bet you will find that our geneology meets somewhere up in the tree.
My brother and I worked on ours, I went back, and he started collecting names and info on the downlines.
It got to be too much and I burned out. He actually went visiting.

darkfoam said...

hmmmmmmm, didn't you comment on my blog that you and cheryl are skinny dippers too?