Friday, October 24, 2008




Since it is that time of year I want to wish anyone who reads my drivel to have a happy and safe Halloween. None of the partying as portrayed in the picture... FOAM. I tell you, those Germans and their beer. Not everyone can be saintly like the Irish I guess.

Update on Chery and my aches and pains. Cheryl is having shoulder surgery on November 5 but we lucked out, if you can call it that, in that she is having arthroscopic not actually cutting. It seems her should is full of arthritis and bone spurs that are cutting into the muscle. While it is true she has a torn rotator cuff it is not of such that she needs to have it repaired. She just has to be a good girl for a change and do what the doctors tell her to do. Too often she thinks she is macho woman and can do more than she should.

This coming Tuesday I visit the surgeon to see what needs to be done to my back...again. Will keep any who are interested updated.

It has turned cold but lovely here. The nights are quite cold but by afternoon it is shirtsleeve weather. The deer are migrating from the mountains which makes it scary for driving. I only need to kill three more and I am an ace. (It takes six) Not exactly the kind of honor I am looking for but............

Tomorrow I get to take the bus to beautiful downtown Salt Lake City, UT, hell hole of Utah, and pick up FFA students returning from the east. Oh joy, oh joy. I tried to beg off but the boss would not hear of it. He seems to think I have experience for that sort of thing.

Foam how are the eyes coming along? Haven't heard from Pamela for some time so hope she is fine.

Oops got to go.

Have a nice day everyone.

5 comments:

Lowa said...

Love that picture you posted!! I have seen that around and always enjoy it:)

I hope that you and Cheryl feel better very soon and recover nicely from your surgeries.

Are you having any kids and grandkids at your place for the holidays??

Did you say you read the third FableHaven book yet?? I can't recall.

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Yep, read it, loved it. I don't like too many adult books due to language and stuff like that. No, no kids, grandkids or anyone for the holidays. One family in California, one in New Mexico, one in Oklahoma, one in Nevada and one in Utah. Too far to travel or they have other things they are doing. Thanks for asking. Hope you are doing well.

darkfoam said...

those look like irish pumpkins if i ever saw any .. ;)

i do hope that both of your aches and pains are resolved soon. it's no fun being in pain.

my eye has cleared up for the most part. but i think the floaters are around to stay.

Pamela said...

Hey there... hope the drive goes well. If I was retired, I'd go on some of those road trips just to point out the eyes in the headlights.

I could probably match you one on aches and pains, and maybe even raise you one. ha ha.

Gwen said...

Hi Tim.
Just popped in hoping to find you
and yours all well.
Keep well.