Monday, November 03, 2008




Hello good people. Tomorrow is the day to elect a new president and I hope all of you will get out and vote.

Just got back from a two day run to Boise, ID where our high school girls took 1st in the state cross country run and our boy took second. What a congregation of schools. I counted almost 100 buses and that did not include the ones that were coming and going at the time. Kids and parents were like watching an ant hill. All had some place they knew they wanted to be but never in the same direction.

Cheryl went with me this time and all she did was stick her nose in a book the whole time. I tried to get her to help me find certain streets but she was just too involved. The book? "Eclipse" the fourth book in the series about vampires, werewolves, and a stupid girl who wants to become one of them. There is a movie version coming out this November, I think, but it only covers the first book. That wife of mine is really hooked on these books, as are other women in this neck of the woods.

The surgeon says I have to have another back operation so he can insert pins in my vertebrae. He wanted to do it a.s.a.p. but I opted for next summer. He said as long as I can stand the pain he doesn't mind. So oh joy, oh joy another summer coming where I do nothing but recuperate.

Wednesday is the day of Cheryl's surgery. She is so nervous. Right now she is taking self injections for offsetting cumedin. I keep telling her she is a pin cushion that sprays like a shower head.

So there you have it.... The boring life of the Delaney's. Now if I was a beer drinking, petite German I would have all kinds of stories to tell. Or maybe to be like a Grandma in Washington who is always up to something and it is always nice. I don't even mention the Canadians. To think they might have been U.S. citizens at one point in history but nooooooooo, they chose not too. I guess I could be like the Iowans. Hmmmmmmm, that about said it all concerning them.

Guess I will close. Cheryl is back from her morning walk and I must go and start begging for food. The woman is so mean to me.

Have a nice day everyone.

5 comments:

darkfoam said...

i have yet to read any of those vampire books ..
but, admit it..
you've had your nose in them too...
:)
good luck to cheryl and her operation. i hope that will take care of her pain.
so, you're gonna hang in there until next summer? i wish you luck with that. seems far away right now.
anyways ..... no stories here, really ..
but i'm always happy to read yours.

Jeralee said...

Back pain sucks. Ask your orthopedist/neurosurgeon ( whoever it is) if you can bring your own hardware from ACE or Home Depot to cut down on the cost of the Titanium screws and pins. Wonder if he'll go for it?

We're hoping that when Moura hits the teenage years and has quit growing that she doesn't have to have back surgery from the scoliosis. One could only hope!

Tell Aunt Cheryl I said "Hi."

Pamela said...

My daughters have been reading the vampire books. I've just been watching the blood suckers on the campaign coverage.

As for your back.....I think foam should grab your head, I'll grab your feet. We will both pull. That should cure your back.

Put your hand on Cheryl's hand right now, and squeeze. That's from me, with a little prayer covering, too.

Tigersue said...

Take care of yourself, back issues are not fun

Foam, trust me the vampire books are not worth the effort. Go pick up Deryni books by Katherine Kurtz!

Much, Much better.

Avry said...

Tim, Tim, Tim if you are going to talk about the books Cheryl is reading you need to at least get it right. "Eclipse" is not the 4th book!! :) Just kidding!

Sorry to hear about your back - That cannot be fun. :(