Saturday, June 06, 2009

Cheryl's brother Matt made this little guy and gave him to her for Christmas. I am just slow posting the picture. His name is Rustican. I thought it was very creative and we enjoy him as part of our family.

Yesterday Cheryl and I had a very enjoyable time together. She got up and weeded in the garden while I slept in. I have a hard time sleeping at night so she is patient with me while I catch up during the day. Cheryl looked at me and said she wanted to do something adventurous so we went fishing. (Her choice) When we arrived at the lake the rain was coming down quite hard so we just sat there and enjoyed listening to it pound on the pickup roof. We could see fish jumping but we didn't want to get out in the rain. The pelicans were flying around like big dive bombers on a mission. When we finally ventured out we had absolutely no luck at fishing but we sat there talking and giggling like a couple of kids. Then we finished up the night by watching a movie called "Catch Me If You Can" which turned out to be a very good movie.

I know this doesn't mean much to anyone else but we sure had an enjoyable time.

Breakfast is waiting and the cook is threatening.

Have a nice day everyone.

3 comments:

Still just me said...

It means a lot. You spent a wonderful day with the woman you love.

darkfoam said...

i luuuuuuv the tin man ..
now that's a meaningful gift..

i always get a kick out of how much you and cheryl enjoy each other's company. so many couples i know who've stayed married for like forever don't seem to like each other at all.

Pamela said...

I'm reminded of the wizard of oz...

"If I only had a heart..."