Monday, May 12, 2008

This is a picture of my friend, Chubby. He lives in our apple tree and we have developed quite a relationship. He still will not eat out of my hand but is coming closer all the time. He, and his friends, provide me with a lot of merriment just watching them carry on. He doesn't have quite as good a relationship with Cheryl and I think it is because she has too many quick movements.

Thank you Pamela for the information on the birds. I looked up Lazuli Buntings and learned a lot about them. It seems they are on a migratory route headed for your neck of the woods and Canada. Two days after taking the picture they all disappeared so I guess they are winging it further north. However, yesterday there appeared a bunch more with a lot more females this time. Maybe they went and got their wives and told them where some good food is. The white crested sparrows have not been seen at all lately so I guess they have left us for the season. Cheryl thinks I am becoming a "very" old man because I am enjoying watching them so much. She seems to think only "old" people do things like that. Hmmmm, I will give her a cuff to the ear for you since you don't appear to fit that category either.

Hey, my North Carolina buddy, how are you doing? How is the boy progressing? You sound as if you are in a depression and need some good lively activity to pep you up. What could that be? No, sex is not the answer to everything although I do tell Cheryl that.:)) Fishing, that is what you need to do. Great therapy. Who cares whether or not you catch anything. Go horse back riding. Buy a motorcycle and ride, baby, ride. If money was not so tight I would have a Harley or a Goldwing out in the garage right now. Cheryl and I loved it when I had my bike in California. I just hope you get back to feeling like your mischievous self.

Alice it was good to hear from you. I thought maybe you had been caught in one of those Canadian blizzards. Hey a Mom is a Mom. There are no set rules on Mom to whom or what.

I have been suffering from depression lately and so has Cheryl. She thinks hers is caused by all the things she has to do before school ends and mine is caused because school IS ending. I love my job and for 2 1/2 months there will not be anything for me to drive. Cheryl has some kind of surprise for me in July and won't tell me what it is. I wanted to drive for a charter bus company but she told me no, not this time.

Hope all of you had a nice Mother's Day. I didn't give Cheryl anything but the pleasure of my company all day. I even let her fix my meals so she would feel needed. I keep telling her that I don't need a special day to tell her how much I love her and appreciate her; every day is that way. If I want to get her a gift I am not going to wait until some special day comes around. Heck I bought her a shovel, hoe and other garden materials. I bought her a new fishing pole. I really splurged and got her a wheat grinder, electric, so she can make her own flour without using a hand grinder. (We are trying to make flour out of wheat to see how it works.) Now how much more loving can a man get. I even took that picture of me standing by my bus so she would not forget me.

Got to go outside and try to plant the garden. If that does not work then I have a garage to clean. If that does not appeal to me I have a tomato plant I want to put in a hanging upside down container so I can see how that works. I have shelves to put in downstairs. I have so many projects to do that I think I will wait until Cheryl comes home to see which ones she does. I think it is time for a nap. Just thinking of projects has made me tired.

Oh, I forgot, welcome to Eric who has been reading my jibberish all the way from Sweden. I think blogging is so neat 'cause you get people from all over the world let alone the United States. I would love to visit Sweden and Norway especially. What pictures I have seen they look like beautiful countries.

I took a group of children to Ogden, UT last Saturday so they could attend a Medieval Faire. They had a lot of fun and I saw some of the strangest costumes. Pixies, fairies, belly dancers (ohhhhhh yeahhhhhhh), men dressed as counts or something, ladies dressed as whatever they call the upper crust. It was interesting and in one case embarrassing. A lady came walking by the bus and she had the largest breasts that I have ever seen in my life. I apologize ladies but this woman could make a cow jealous with just one of her breasts. She would make Dolly Parton look like she had 24 watt bulbs. On top of all that she had on a thin, and I do mean thin, blouse that was straining mightily to hold everything in and not doing a very good job of it. Mercy!!!!!

Enough Tim.

That is all for today. Hope all is well and behaving.

Have a nice day everyone.


That is all for today.

4 comments:

darkfoam said...

thanks for inquiring about my son, tim. he's remarkably fine. i have him off all meds as of a couple of days ago.

so, you mean sex is not the answer to everything? who knew! now when the hubby feels amorous at 3a.m., i'll just shew him away and tell him that you said that sex is not the answer to everything.. .. :)

..and i'm not really all that depressed. perhaps a bit stressed and tired with all the end of school stuff going on. cheryl would know about that.

darkfoam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pamela said...

Apparently there were buntings traveling through here this w/e and I was gone to oregon to visit daughters.

The white-crowned sparrows come through every spring and every fall.
I enjoy spring especially - as they stay several weeks.

Do you think that woman was in costume. The one with the biggest breasts? perhaps she was one of the court JUGlers.

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Pam, she was a juggler of some sort.
Foam, good to hear he is doing much better.