Monday, May 25, 2009

Good morning everyone!! Happy Memorial Day to all of you and I hope it is a safe one. Just a comment about Memorial Day. I am so grateful for those who gave their lives for the freedoms that I enjoy. Thank you men and women of the armed forces.

I have my children from Tulsa, OK visiting this week and it has been enjoyable although Grandpa is not used to having little ones under foot all the time. Cheryl and I worried terribly about these kids moving to OK but it has been all for the best and they seem happier than we have seen them in a long time. I know from reading blogs (Pam's mainly) that there are those who think their grandchildren are the cutest and the brightest but my "blondie" tops them all. She already knows that if she gives that cute smile she will get her way. Hmmmmm, must be a female thing.

Sounds like breakfast is ready so this will be short. Having biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs and bacon. Wish those kids would visit more often so I can get fed better.:))

I hope everyone has a flag in their yard or on their house to remind us of this great country we live in. Problems? Oh yeah, but still the best there is.

Have a nice day everyone.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

flag is up -- wind blowing just nicely. Sunny day --

Thought about the thousands and thousands who were not able to fulfill their lives because they gave it so I could fulfill mine.

Thankful.

darkfoam said...

flag wasn't up .. but part of the group we camp with includes some veterans, my husband ..
and this really young fellow who just finished his 3rd tour of duty.