Saturday, May 09, 2009

My computer developed a problem some time ago and I still have not worked all the bugs out. I wanted to post a picture of two but have not recovered them, soooooooooo no pictures.

Yep, I have been very busy traveling and it looks like it will continue at least for another week. It is amazing how many trips the schools have right before shutting down for the summer. Our track team qualified 21 for the state meet which is next week, our girl's softball team qualified for the state tournament which is next week plus who knows what else. I will either be in Boise or Post Falls, ID which is in the panhandle in very beautiful country.

Cheryl and I are doing fine. She is busy planting raspberry's and other gardening delights while I set around and watch. My back is so bad that I have a very difficult time walking 100 yards. The only thing that does not seem to bother it (as much) is driving.

Cheryl is a happy woman right now. She just had the floor replaced in the kitchen and it turned out lovely. When she first started the kitchen project I just groaned but now that it is almost finished I must admit it is very nice. It scares me what she will want to do next. She is already talking about designing some exercises that will help me supposedly. It made my back start to ache just to listen to her.

Pam, I do enjoy your blog. You are so darned creative. I really enjoyed the pictures and post about your family. It has been a long time since I have seen chickens being fed that way and it brought back memories of my feeding chickens. The one thing about chickens that I will never forget is cleaning the coop. Now there is a job that every young person should get to experience.
Of course there is also the springtime when old hens must be butchered which means the chopping block, the bouncing bodies, the blood squirting all over the place, the boiling them in hot water so the feathers can be plucked and last but certainly not least, the taking care of the feathers so they can be used in pillows. Ugh and double UGH, UGH.

Foam why do you hide your beauty? You are a pretty lady.

Yesterday I treated Cheryl to her Mother's Day present which was dinner and a movie. Why yesterday you might ask? Because Sunday might not allow us to have the day to ourselves. We ate at the Texas Roadhouse (yum, yum but expensive) and watched the movie "Star Trek" since my wife is a trekky fan. It was pretty good and I will add it to our home library of movies. We came home so she could watch "Ghost Whisperer" ( I can't stand the show anymore it is so mushy gushy), and then watched the movie "Bedtime Stories". I am not an Adam Sandler fan of any kind but this movie was fairly good and we will add it to our home library as well.

Guess that is all the blarney for today. Oh, Sarah. I do read your emails but like everything else I don't make many comments. I am just a quiet, bashful, reserved, humble person full of Irish blood.

Have a nice day everyone.

4 comments:

darkfoam said...

you reserved and bashful? lol .. i doubt it somehow ..

but i am

sorry your back is hurting you so much .. :(

and .. what a perfect date ..
dinner and the star trek movie!!
i'm so jealous now ..
i wanna see the movie toooooo ...

i'll have to drive out of town to see it though ..

anyway .. i reckon you don't think i look good as a greenish blue person? .. lol... i was thinking of using it as my new avatar instead of the beer.

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Wellllllllll, I think I would like it better just because I see you.

Pamela said...

the exercise will probably help!

I love star trek! Wow. Go Cheryl!!!
If you buy the dvd when it comes out, I'll watch it next time I come to visit. ( ha ha ha ha)

Regarding you being reserved & bashful...I'm seeing a picture in my head of you dressed up as that particular dwarf from Snow White.

The Ramblin Irishman said...

I may be short and plump but I do not wear tights.