Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Whew!!! Just got the parents from Oklahoma out the door, listened to a two year old cry her heart out because they were leaving, Grandma is in the kitchen cleaning up from breakfast and I have disappeared to the computer area for quiet and solace. It has been an enjoyable visit though... just noisy. Grandma and I realize we live a life of quiet and sometimes it is hard to adjust to the clamor and bustling life style of a young family. However many memories came flooding back as we watched the kids teasing each other, agitating each other and loving each other.

I hope to start posting some pictures fairly soon. Cheryl has mentioned that every time I download her pictures onto the computer I seem to lose some of them. Now being the perfect person that I am I reminded her that it is not I who has the problem but SHE thought she had taken some pictures which she did not. Me making a mistake. Hah, it just does not happen.

Took a ride on the ATV's yesterday up into the mountains that surround us. The mountains are so lovely and green with black eyed susan's all over the place. The choke cherry trees look like they are going to really produce this year. YUM, YUM, YUM. Nothing like chokecherry syrup on waffles unless it is native cherry syrup then it is YUM, YUM, YUM all over again.

Sounds like my friend Foam had a good time on her camping trip. I would like to be a squirrel in a tree listening to that silly bunch of women especially when they started nipping on the spirits.

Pam is on Facebook now. I must admit I don't know much about Facebook and am too lazy to find out. My daughter in Nevada introduced me to Facebook but that was about as far as it got.

Well, the boring person from Idaho has rambled enough so will close.

Have a nice day everyone.

4 comments:

Pamela said...

I doubt I'll be doing much on facebook either --

I can't wait to come to your house for breakfast. yum....

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Pam, you are more than welcome anytime. We also serve bacon or sausage, eggs, aw heck all kinds of goodies.

darkfoam said...

awwwww heck .. it's always good to have family come visit, shake up the normal routine, mess up the place a bit ..
and then it's good to have them all leave and have your normal peace and quiet ...

but, concerning our camping trip .. it's the men that were waaaaaay sillier ..
they usually always are.

Lowa said...

CHOKE CHERRIES!?!? YOU HAVE CHOKE CHERRIES!?!?

I have not had any of those since I grew up in Canada. My Mum always made Choke Cherry Syrup and there was nothing better in this world on our pancakes before trooping out the door to school on those cold Canadian winter mornings! YUM! I have not seen of heard of them since and no one here that I talk to seems to know what they are!?!?

My parents always say the same, after we have been there with our kids. They forget how loud a young family can be!

I am on Facebook and love how easy it is to keep in touch with people. I even found one of my little foster sisters yesterday! She was adopted out of our home when she was 4, she is 26 now and remembers a lot about living in our home. It is awesome catching up with her and I dunno how I would have done it without Facebook!