Tuesday, February 13, 2007

No picture today. I have not had time to find some good ones. Sorry for not blogging more often but busy, busy, busy. This week consists of leaving tomorrow morning at 6:30 and coming back... well who knows when. First I take the wrestlers to their tournament and then I load up the students to take to Boise for the basketball tournament. Busy, busy, busy and wouldn't have it any other way.

Okay, a question for those of your who might be in the medical field. If a person has tryglicerides of over 800 count is that bad? My doctor said they were so high they couldn't compute my cholesterol. Since I don't have a clue what tryglicerides are I just assume I am doing okay.

Cheryl and I spent yesterday in Logan, UT doing business and cussing Utah drivers. We were very glad to get home where the world is normal and slower paced.

Oh by the way I am in deep morning. In fact I am in such a sorrowing state that I don't know when I will be consoled. The breaking headline news which overshadowed world events, news breaking sports events, even put President Bush on the back page and almost forced Australia to become a third world country. What was such an occurence? Anna Nicole Smith died!!! The shock was almost too much. Now I won't get to see her ugly face and hear that hideous voice anymore.

I am so upset I must close with a story or joke or something.
************************************************************************************

A drunken man walks into a biker bar, sits down at the bar and orders a drink.

Looking around, he sees three men sitting at a corner table. He gets up, staggers to the table, leans over, looks the biggest, meanest, biker in the face and says:
"I went by your grandma's house today and I saw her in the hallway buck naked. Man, she is one fine looking woman!"

The biker looks at him and doesn't say a word. His buddies are confused, because he is one bad biker and would fight at the drop of a hat.

The drunk leans on the table again and says: "I got it on with your grandma and she is good, the best I ever had!"

The biker's buddies are starting to get really mad but the biker still says nothing.

The drunk leans on the table one more time and says, "I'll tell you something else, boy, your grandma liked it!"

At this point the biker stands up, takes the drunk by the shoulders looks him square in the eyes and says ...

"Grandpa, .. Go home, you're drunk."
************************************************************************************

Have a nice day everyone.

8 comments:

..................... said...

yep, busy is good.
normal triglycerides are about 150 or below i think and if i remember correctly. i know this because i just had some blood work done.
i never paid much attention to smith.
what a misguided soul that was though..

joke: hehehehehe. that was cute actually..

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Hi Tim.... good thing you're retire, lol. They sure are keeping you busy lately, but that will keep you out of trouble, so is good. Hope you find enough time to fit in some good blogging though.

I had high cholesterol last year (or was that the year before, hhhhmmm) and the Dr. wanted to put me on meds that I'd never get off of. I started eating oatmeal with dried cranberries and fresh ground flax seeds. My cholesterol is now back down to where it should be, so I keep eating that every morning. Please be careful with yours as that sounds awfully high.

I love the joke. It's been ages since I heard/read that one and had totally forgotten about it. Thanks for sharing it.

Gwen said...

Hi Tim..
Just popped in to say hello,great
G/pa joke.

Tigersue said...

Triglycerides are used to figure out VLDl in your case it would be 800 divided by 5, or 160. Most Triglycerides should be below 150. They are used to calculate the total cholesterol level along with LDL, and HDL's. They sound very high. I'm sure they would want to test it again. In any case I would ask for a restest just the verify the results.

Jeanette said...

Hi Tim
Looks like theres not enough hrs in the day for you .busy busy busy.
I Had / Have high Cholesterol Dr. Changed my breakfast spread to one that lowers cholestrol and 6or 8 dry roasted Almonds a day, its comming down. so i will keep it up

Lowa said...

That was a funny joke!

You should probably change what you eat man, you are worrying me.

Those pictures you posted were GORGEOUS. Keep them coming please!

Ok, I want to see if this works, it has been messing up and I have tried to post many times, I hope this works now. By the way, I have updated the story on my little fender bender. I am NOT impressed.

Pamela said...

at least six guys so far have stepped forward to claim her child ...
so why not put in your bid too.
Oh.. never mind.. They read her will and the kid isn't in it.


(truly sad story, really)

Jo said...

busy busy busy, no the feeling with 4 young children.
Kewl Joke have a great week.