Thursday, February 08, 2007

Some folks who live on the Hillside area of Anchorage built this playground in their yard for their 3 and 4 year-old boys. The next morning, the mom woke up to this scene.






Thought you might enjoy these pictures sent to me by a good friend in Idaho Falls, ID.

I am setting here waiting for a phone call to let me know what time I am actually leaving today so thought I would at least post some pictures. Maybe a joke as well.
************************************************************************************

A blonde named Pam is appearing on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" with Regis Philbin.

Regis: "Pam, you're up to $500,000 with one lifeline left: phone a friend. If you get it right, the next question is worth one million dollars If you get it wrong, you drop back to $32,000. Are you ready?"

Pam: "Yes."

Regis: "Which of the following birds does not build it's own nest? Is it A) robin, B) sparrow, C) cuckoo, or D) thrush."

Pam: " I think I know which it is, but I'm not 100% certain. I'd like to phone a friend. I'd like to call Carol."

Carol (also a blonde) answers the phone: "Hello?"

Regis: "Hello Carol, it's Regis Philbin from Who Wants to be a Millionaire. I have your friend Pam here who needs your help to answer the one million dollar question. The next voice you hear will be Pam's..."

Pam: "Carol, which of the following birds does not build it's own nest? Is it A) robin, B) sparrow, C) cuckoo, or D) thrush."

Carol: "Oh geez, Pam. That's simple. It's a cuckoo."

Pam: "Are you sure?"

Carol: "I'm sure."

Regis: "Pam, you heard Carol. Do you keep the $500,000 or play for the million?"

Pam: "I want to play; I'll go with C) cuckoo".

Regis: "Is that your final answer?"

Pam: "Yes."

Regis: "Are you confident?"

Pam: "Yes; I think Carol's pretty smart."

Regis: "You said C) cuckoo... And you're right! Congratulations, you have just won ONE MILLION DOLLARS!"

To celebrate, Pam flies Carol to New York. That night they go out on the town. As they're sipping champagne, Pam looks at Carol and asks her,"Tell me, how did you know that it was the cuckoo that does not build its own nest?"

"Pam, it was easy," replies her friend. "Everybody knows that cuckoos live in clocks."
************************************************************************************

Blondes, ya gotta love em for all the joy they bring into our lives.:)

Have a nice day everyone, including my blonde friends.

7 comments:

Pamela said...

no way...those bears!!!
it looks like they are playing, too.

Jeanette said...

Hi Tim
Those bears look like there having a lot of fun.Hope none got to close to them. great joke also.

Beccy said...

Wow, those bears, amazing.

Love the joke!

Beccy said...

Hope you don't mind but I've nicked your joke to share, I'll link it tto you.

Jo said...

WOW,that is so cool to actually catch them playing like that.
You should send those photo's in to somewhere they would sure win something.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Hi Tim. Thanks for posting the pics of the bears. I've seen them before, but it was awhile ago. Good to see them again.

I liked the joke.

..................... said...

i don't know those pictures just seem to remind me of somebody.
can't put my finger on it...
hmmmmm...
oh, not you, by the way...:)