Wednesday, August 20, 2008



I ran and ran and ran but I couldn't outrun the long arm of western law. They hauled me off in this modern paddy wagon and I have not been heard from since.

Several people have asked me why I have not been blogging lately. Truthfully, I am just burnt out on blogging. I like reading some of my favorite blogs but I cannot think of anything creative to say. I will try and insert a blog or two every now and again but cannot promise how often it will be.

I have enjoyed blogging. I originally started so my kids would know what Mom and Dad were up to but they never read the blogs so why bother.

Awww the blessed school year starts for me on Friday. I take the volleyball team to a contest. Saturday it is the soccer team to one of their contests. It will feel good to be back to work again.

Today marked a special day in history, my history that is. I finally come to grips with a problem I have had for many, many years. I scheduled an appointment and had my hearing tested which included me getting hearing aids. My family has been begging me to do something like this for years but what it took was me finally realizing I was having a hard time hearing. Previously I told everyone they were mumbling and to speak up. I guess I am officially a senior citizen complete with hearing aid.

Got to go. The boss, Cheryl, has called me and I must respond or pay the consequences. She is so mean to me.

Have a nice day everyone.

4 comments:

..................... said...

well..
you are one of my favorite blogs to visit.

at least if you blog every now and again .. i'll have somebody to tease .. ;)

but i understand. i've gotten a bit burned out on blogging myself.

Jeralee said...

I still check in on you! I know what you mean though, sometimes you are excited about blogging, and other times not so much.

Can you believe that summer is gone already and school is starting again? Time just flew it seems!

Hearing aids are a good thing! Now you can tell Cheryl that is ISN'T selective hearing when she asks you to do something! Maybe you can call my 86 year old father in law and tell him to get some!

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Tim, Tim, Tim Please do not give up blogging alltogether, ok? I completely, completely understand about the lack of inspiration. Don't blog if you dont' want to, but don't say you are giving it up. I like to read your blog, even though I get horribly behind.

And I kind of don't understand the not reading thing for your family. I mean, if people in my family had a blog, I PROMISE I would read it. I would love it. I have a lot of family and friends of mine who know I have a blog, but could care less about what I write there. Oh sure, it isn't earth shattering, but if I were able to learn about a good friend through their blog, I would take advantage of the opportunity. Anyway, I don't really get that (that your family doesn't really read it..)

WEll, take care and hope to see you again soon.

Dana

Tigersue said...

I understand the blogging slump. Been there, still am, occassionally I come up with something to say.