Wednesday, August 27, 2008


Cheryl likes moose and I like bears.

An update on Cheryl and I since some of you read my drivel and that is how you keep posted on us.

Cheryl is doing much better. A couple of weeks ago she got tangled up in a dog's leash and fell. Now when Cheryl falls it is like watching a sack of grain hit the ground... one big splat. She has no coordination to help herself. I don't say this to be mean or nasty, it is just fact. Anyway she is a mass of bruises on her right side and her knee was not doing too well for a while. She is now walking much better.

I think the whole town knew that she had fallen 'cause I was trying to get to her but my feet were all tangled up in the dog's leash too plus I had grandkids under my feet and I didn't want to trample and hurt them. All I could do is stand there and cuss and I did a fine job of it.

The other day Cheryl's left shoulder and arm started hurting real bad and she could not lift it much past her waist. I sighed, I cussed, I took her to the doctor. Turns out she developed a case of bursitis from canning (I think) and had to have a shot in her shoulder. She is much better now.

Me, I just keep plodding along. Nuff said about that.

Foam, that statue is interesting, not very flattering though. Personally I prefer the breast to be firmer and pointing upwards, the hips slimmer and streamlined and the butt a tiny bit smaller. I knew a West Virginia man who always claimed a woman was not worth marrying unless she was two axe handles wide. His wife was skinny as a rail. I have decided that to be a school bus driver one of the qualifications for a woman is she MUST be at least two axe handles wide. Mercy, there are some huge women driving buses. Men, they just need an overhang that prevents them from seeing their toes or other parts of their anatomy. I know some of them have not seen parts of their bodies for many, many years. Nuff said about that.

Pamela, I sure would like to be involved in some of your Monday and Wednesday blogging but am not sure how to go about it, plus I am not sure a man is too welcome. I thought the trivia thing was kind of neat. Who decides and who lets you know what is coming next?

I am trying Facebook.com. A friend of ours got us interested so I thought what the heck. I have some lippy nieces that post on it, they live in Utah and Oregon. Our friend lives in Reno, NV but we don't claim to know her if asked.

Ahhhhhhh, school is going and the bus is rolling and I am a happy, but tired, man. I have today off but the rest of the week is busy. Our neighbor wants me to work on his genealogy but he doesn't understand I have a life as well. He is always over here checking to see what I have done. Maybe he will get tired and go away. (In my dreams.) He is such a pest in town that he has been banned from most of the business's.

Guess I will close for now. Told you my blogs were boring.

Have a nice day everyone.

6 comments:

Jeralee said...

yikes Aunt Cheryl! Sounds like a doozy. Get some good drugs. I have had the shoulder bursitis - about 6 months of it when I was pregnant with Charlise. Oh did that hurt, and the limited range of motion.

Take it easy!

darkfoam said...

i've had bursitis too .. i feel for cheryl.
and that fall.. she was so lucky not to have broken anything! ..
and you, irishmen, apparently like women who look like barbie .. :)
i'm kidding.... maybe ..

IamwhoIam said...

Well I got lost in some of the responses similar to hearing one side of a conversation. And Yes men are welcome to FM
Gattia is this weeks host and here is the address if you would like to join. http://gattinawritercramps.blogspot.com/

If a post I'm almost positive that I will break the rule some how as I don't find my computer area particularly interesting

Pamela said...

I sent you an Email with Fun Monday & Wordless Wednesday links.

I hope you get involved.


poor Cheryl -- I fell down flat on my face last month. I tripped over a sprinkler head. FORTUNATELY, I went into the flower bed and it was soft. I had my glasses on and I had to wipe the dirt off them. I was sore. Nothing more.

I'm going to be blogging less until late fall or winter.

Gwen said...

Hi Tim.
Poor Cheryl falling is bad enough,
but it could have been worse.
Let's hope it's not too long before she is back to her old self.

IamwhoIam said...

Just checking in. How is Cheryl doing?