Monday, April 27, 2009

Today is a beautiful day and I awoke with feelings of ambition and great expectations. Since I have not been home too much this past week I had to catch up the bank account that Cheryl has been using quite liberally purchasing shrubs, trees and etc for the yard. Now my feelings of ambition and great expectations have been overtaken by feelings of depression and despair. I think I need to rest a while and rethink my priorities.

Can you believe it snowed here yesterday? I would say "CRAP" but that wouldn't be too nice so I won't.

In catching up on my email I found someone had sent me an e-card and it was sooooo funny. It had a couple of old, maybe I should say elderly, people doing a Mexican hat dance. Actually they were quite good and the expressions on their faces never changed. Cheryl and I got quite a kick out of it. Thank you old people for sending that too me.

I took the track team to a meet last week and it rained all the time they were out there. The temperature had to be close to 40 degrees with a wind blowing. Again I felt so bad that I stayed on the bus and kept it warm for them, but my heart was with them in their suffering............. NOT!!

The following day I took the girl's softball team to a game and it was sooooooooooooo cold. A north wind was blowing and I tried to sit out in the elements and watch the game. I finally broke down and asked one of the girls who was playing if I could borrow her blanket to keep warm. All season long I have waited for a foul ball to be hit my direction so I could show off my skills. Low and behold one came to me, it was perfect, and I dropped it. Talk about embarrassed. Me, an old baseball player dropping the ball. I felt so bad that I went and sat on the warm bus.

I guess I had better go and rest. All this typing just wears me out and I am a delicate old person. Cheryl is off to a class about learning how to not fall down or something like that. She can really use that since she has a hard time with her Parkinson. I will close with this bit of wisdom.

If you take a worm and turn it inside out, and a bird comes along, eats that worm, in reality the worm thinks it is eating the bird. (Now how is that for some great Irish wisdom?)

Have a nice day everyone.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Oh, your welcome. Olé

Lowa said...

You are so funny! I am glad that you are writing regularly again!

darkfoam said...

hope cheryl's classes help with the balancing issues!

anyway, what the worm is really thinking ..
ohhhhhh phooey!! .. some crazy irishman is turning me inside out again.....dwats...