Monday, March 19, 2007


This is Grandma and Amber at the Red Hat Society gathering. Two of a kind aren't they.

I am so sorry I am not blogging more but this is the season that the bus seems to be running non stop and I am so tired most of the time. I am actually forcing myself to write tonight before going to bed just so all of you know I have not forgotten nor am I ignoring any of you intentionally.

Cheryl just returned from a trip to Las Vegas which her two daughters in Utah took her on. They had a blast and she got to visit with an "OLD" friend from Bakersfield, CA which was a highlight of the whole weekend. When I get some pictures uploaded I will show you what our daughters did to her and the crown they made for her.

While she was out playing I was out driving. Saturday we had a double header softball game I took the team to participate in. It was hot and a very clear sky which sunburned all of us. My face is still hurting a little from the sun. I loved it.

I am so tired that I am not making sense so will close with this that a friend gave me last Sunday.
***********************************************************************************

The Cowboy

A Montana cowboy was overseeing his herd in a remote mountainous pasture when suddenly a brand new BMW advanced out of a dust cloud towards him.

The driver, a young man in a Bryony suit, Gucci shoes, Ray Ban sunglasses and YSL tie, leans out the window and asks the cowboy, "If I tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, will you give me a calf?"

The cowboy looks at the the man, obviously a yuppie, then looks at his peacefully grazing herd and calmly answers, "Sure. Why not."

The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell notebook computer, connects it to his Cingular RAZR V3 cell phone, and surfs to a NASA page on the Internet where he calls up a GPS satellite navigation system to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultr-high resolution photo.

He then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg, Germany... Within seconds he receives an email on his Palm Pilot that the image has been processed and the data stored. Then he accesses a MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with e-mail on his Blackberry and, after a few minutes, receives a response.

Finally, he prints out a full color, 150 page, report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP Laser Jet printer, turns to the cowboy and says, "You have exactly 1,586 cows and calves."

Says the cowboy, "That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves."

He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on amused as the young man stuffs it into the trunk of his car.

Then the cowboy says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my calf?"

The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not."

"You're a Congressman for the U.S. Government," says the cowboy.

"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"

"No guessing required," replied the cowboy. "You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew to a question I never asked. You tried to show me how much smarter than me you are. You don't now a thing about cows... this is a herd of sheep!! Now give me back my DOG!

**********************************************************************************

Ah yes, one has to love our government people. There is a saying in good ol' Wyoming that goes... Wyoming!! Where men are men and sheep are nervous.

Have a nice day everyone.

5 comments:

Pamela said...

thats one cute lil pumpkin in grandma's arms

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Grandpa thinks she is sort of special too.:)

darkfoam said...

wow, that's one cute baby girl. and one happy grandma. ...and one stupid congressman..but that would go almost without saying now, wouldn't it?
get lots of rest so you can stay safe on those roads.

Jeanette said...

Hi Tim. Your grandaughters A real cutie being held by a very proud Grandma. you get plenty of rest and take care on the road there is a lot of silly buggers out there.
By the way you ask my average at bowls theres no average in carpet or lawn bowls a team effort see my september post theres a few pics of both there, I dont play Tenpin, but a lot of my family did I would have to ask them there averag. . there a few jokes up snce your last visit.... take care

Tigersue said...

Take it easy and don't put too much pressure on your self. Sweet picture.