Tuesday, September 16, 2008



Several have asked what is wrong and why have I not been blogging. Welllllllllll, the truth of the matter is I am kind of burned out with blogging although I will post an entry every now and again. The other truth of the matter is I am in a lot of pain and have not even been able to sleep lying down for about a week now. For the last 5 or 6 nights I have averaged about 1 to 1 1/2 hours of sleep per night. I am so tired I don't know which end I am on.

The problem? My back has slid and is pinching nerves again and it hurts......., a lot. I received a shot in the hip yesterday to kill some of the pain but the major problem is taking a little longer to correct and is a little more complicated. Right now it hurts like crazy to set in this chair and type. Cheryl knew something was wrong when I turned down a couple of bus runs because I really enjoy doing them.

I have taken so much Percocet that I am rummy. Yes, I know, I am rummy without any medicine. Anyway that is what is going on. Cheryl is busy canning all sorts of goodies and it makes me feel bad, real bad, that I cannot be out there helping her.:))) I will force myself to enjoy the fruits and veggies later.

It turned warm again. It must be at least 80 degrees.

Our children made it to Oklahoma safely, thank goodness. They are finding it quite warm and humid. Of course having the effects from hurricane Ike dropping on them adds to their misery. All in all they are doing okay though. I think I will go call them to see how today is going.

That is all for now. Back is hurting too much and the only place to give me comfort is my recliner. It is now my bed, table, tv chair, actually my home right now.

Have a nice day everyone.

4 comments:

Pamela said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your pain. I've been having empathy agony for you.

(Mine is fibromyalgia)

Sometimes I get sleep deprived and my eyes start twitching. So, don't think I'm getting frisky with you.

darkfoam said...

i understand about the blog burnout .. believe me..
and i'm real sorry about your back! my husband has major back pain at times ..
he's kind of bearish during those times too.
hmmmmmmm...
maybe i should be feeling sorry for cheryl .. ;)
but, really ..
i do wish you all the best and i hope the pain goes away soon..

Tigersue said...

I am so sorry you are hurting. Take care and I am thinking of you.
I know what a "Pain" back pain is. I had an injury a few years ago that was horrible. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Gwen said...

Hi Tim.
I hope your pain will ease,I know it wont go away.
Thinking of you