Wednesday, September 24, 2008




This picture was captioned, Patience and Wisdom, and I still wonder about the wisdom part of it. The dog should be a LOT further away for his own good.

Had the procedure done on my back today and so far so good although there is still quite a bit of pain in my legs. The Dr. said it was normal and would go away. Sooooooo I am waiting, waiting, waiting for it to go away.

Was checking out Foam's blog and it reminded me of a visit we had to the shores of Lake Erie. We had been married for about a year and had our oldest son who, at the time was about 1. We had been invited to go water skiing with another couple and their kids and naturally were having a great time. Like many parents do, we got a little neglectful as to what our baby was doing on the beach. I looked over and he was chewing on a dead fish that someone had discarded, or it had washed up on the beach. I about freaked out. We grabbed that kid and rushed home, called the Dr. to find out what to do since we didn't want him dieing from poisoning. First call, the doctor said stick your finger down his throat and make him throw up. Finger down the throat... finger out of the throat with blood oozing out. The little pup had bitten so hard that it brought blood. Called the Dr. again, "Give him a raw egg." Got the raw egg, put it to his mouth and he slurped it down like it was honey coated and wanted another one. Called the Dr. again, "Give him some milk." Okay, but I don't remember what the milk was supposed to do for him. By this time that kid was yowling and fighting us something terrible and it was a real chore to get him to take the milk. Called the Dr. again. "Hell", he said, "Just put him to sleep and watch him. If he has survived this ordeal with you he will probably be just fine." So Cheryl and I put him to bed, went and medicated our wounds received from him and the doc was right... everything was just fine.

That was our experience at a shore of any kind and I would rather never have one like it again. The after effects on the boy... he is a big moose living in California and is okay.

Pamela I loved the train video. My brother-in-law gave me a cd of the Yukon train and I love it. How I want to take some of those special train rides. I still remember the steam engine pulling into Driggs, ID and I would stand and look at it in awe. I especially loved it when the rotary plow was on it. They would hit those big snow drifts and the snow would just fly. It was as big as the engine.

Sarah R. I enjoyed that song about super glue. I am going to try and memorize it and sing it at a church function sometime.

Back is hurting a little and need to change chairs. Sure will be glad when this all takes affect cause I got things to do.

Have a nice day everyone.

6 comments:

Tigersue said...

I hope, I really hope you get feeling better soon!

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Hey, thanks tigersuzy. How are you doing anyway? Oh yeah, I am feeling somewhat better and my wife can hardly wait until I start driving again. Hmmmm, why is that I wonder.

diana said...

irishman..
yes.. get well soon! it seems you might be on the way though..
hope it is a speedy recovery.
well, wouldn't you know ..
you don't have to go to a shore anymore to eat raw dead fish ..
you can find that stuff wrapped up in seaweed at fancy grocery stores ..
it's called sushi ..
and i luuuuuuuv it ..

Rob said...

Hiya, sorry to hear about the back and hope it improves soon. Its amazig what we can get away with eating sometimes. Bob.

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Hey Foam old pal. Sushi and me just don't agree. Hmmm, I am a poet and just don't know it.

Hi Bob. Long time since I heard from you. How is England? You changed your blog name but I will come and visit.

Pamela said...

hey... how is the back???
I'm late visiting my friends. I've had to cut back on my blogging.