Thursday, February 26, 2009

YEEEEE HAWWWWWW!! The taxes are done and I didn't have to pay. Of course I wasn't worried about that part anyway since I don't make enough to worry about paying. It is just a relief to know they are done for another year.

Tiger Sue, which blog do you use for people like me to visit? I know you have told me but tell me again and maybe this time it will sink in. Just ME, it is good to hear from you once in a while. Is the hubby still working in the oil fields out there in lovely Wamsutter, WY? Wamsutter what a lovely place. The nearest tree is at least 50 miles away and the roads are made of clay so that if a drop of rain hits them they are instantly slicker than snot. Of course I don't go around testing snot to see how slick it is so someone must have told me that. Yep, Wamsutter a place to plan for your vacations if you are looking for a relaxing time, no phones, no food, no service, you get the picture. There was a Mexican lady that opened her home to serving meals to the oil field people. It was not a pretty place and kids ran amuck when you entered but, mercy, could that woman serve a great meal. I ordered a glass of milk to go with my meal and she served almost a half of a gallon. Oh yeah, Wamsutter is a lovely place. Miles and mile of nothing in any direction you want to go. I always said that when God got through with creation and he had the Southwest corner of Wyoming left to do he just molded up a patch of mud, threw it down and said, "There it is finished and I am tired." There are places that one does not see from the highway that are so ugly and desolate even the crows won't go there. Yep, Wyoming where men are men and sheep are nervous.

I just watched the Spiderwick Chronicles and really enjoyed it. Reminded me a lot of the book Fablehaven. Yes, I read those kind of books. In fact I am reading the last book of the Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher and I really like these books. War, romance, war, sissy stuff, and more war. What more could a man wish for. However, for those who might read this I need suggestions of authors and titles of books that might be on tape that we can order. Due to Cheryl's illness she has the talking book service from the State of Idaho but we have a hard time figuring out which books have clean language and no sexual descriptions of any kind. That is what I like about Louis L'Amour. Always clean, always romance between the cowboy and his horse, always good action in many canyons and draws, many bars, many streets... awwww Louie why did you pass away.

Do you know the tv shows Cheryl and I like the most nowadays? Of course you don't so I will tell you since I am in a gabby mood. We like Chuck on Mondays, NCIS and The Mentalist on Tuesdays, Cheryl likes Night Rider on Wednesdays but I am so so with it. Then we have Life on Wednesdays, Thursday is Bones and Burn Notice, Friday is Ghost Whisperer although it is getting too much kissy kissy lovey dovey any more. That just about does our week in. The other days, Saturday and Sunday, we watch movies we have here at home or that we rent. I think we have over 300 movies here at home.

Okay then, got that out of my system. Have a nice day everyone.

6 comments:

Tigersue said...

the blog I use the most often is
www.tigersuesjungle.blogspot.com
:)

My husband works at the prison here in Utah. He is a counselor and is in charge of the sexoffender treatment program for the state. Sounds more impressive that it is, when you think they wouldn't give him a raise for the increase responsibility.

I think we might have stopped in Wammsutta once, years ago on our way to Wisconsin when we moved. All I remember was the gas prices were outrageous is such a small place, that I think we decided to try to make it to little America!

Tigersue said...

Oh, and on your dashboard, down at the bottom is a place where you can input the links of blogs you want to follow. Makes life so easy!

darkfoam said...

i really don't watch a whole bunch of tv. my husband hogs the tube with news shows and financial news shows ..
how depressing is that?
ech ..

so, i just read a book or blog ..

Pamela said...

Dancing with the Stars -- two weeks away.

My husband enjoys watching that guy that goes out into the desert, the jungle, the north pole, etc. and lives off the land - survival stuff.

It's horrible.

I'm with you on ghost whisperer. I don't watch it anymore.

Still just me said...

Oh how I wish we had work in Wamsutter. The gas field has basically shut down. No work, which means no pay.

Wamsutter would be beautiful to me right now.

darkfoam said...

so, i reckon you are still alive and kickin', eh?