Sunday, April 12, 2009

Okay, okay, okay!!! So I have been extremely lazy, extremely busy, (yeah right), and again extremely lazy. I have not blogged for a while because, and I cannot believe anyone with Irish blood would say this, I could not think of anything to say. Plus my computer went on the fritz and I am slowly getting it back to its original working condition. Nope I will not admit that I might have had something to do with it wiping everything out. Then of course there is the proverbial springtime flu bug that managed to keep me down and out for a while. I am back to being my normal, ornery self now so beware.

Hope everyone had a great Easter. Cheryl and I sang in an Easter Cantata on Saturday night and it was enjoyable, hot but enjoyable. Cheryl even had a solo part in it. I was so nervous about doing my part right that I missed her singing completely. That did not make for pleasant feelings when I was quizzed about how she sounded.

I just got back from spending most of the week in Twin Falls, ID where I took a bus load of FFA students for a convention. I had a little bit of excitement going to Twin in that a twister touched down for about 5 minutes. I only knew that the bus was all over the road at one point and then I ran into 2-3 inches of pure hail and lots of water everywhere. Being the excellent driver that I am (snort) I managed all difficulties with ease.

Time to plant the peas here. The other day Cheryl ran into a friend of ours and this is how she greeted the man. "Bob. I took one look at you and thought instantly of manure." Oh, that wife of mine. So what did she get out of that conversation? A truck load of manure delivered to our garden.

Okay, I will quit now. I will try and do better about posting but make no promises. I have also lost all blogs that I was following so now I have to wait until Pam, Foam, Tigersue, LOWA, oh all of you guys. I miss you.

Have a nice day everyone.

4 comments:

darkfoam said...

well, irishman ..
there you are! it's good to see you out and about again!

Avry said...

Did you get the peas planted? Sounds like you are keeping somewhat busy.. so how did Cheryl's solo go?? ;)

Pamela said...

Manure? horse, chicken, or steer?
Welcome back!
(Have you noticed that word is MANure?)


I went out for a walk yesterday & hid under a pine tree while it hailed.

I planted lettuce, radishes, kohlrabi, chard, beets under a teeny plastic tent. And I put my begonias under there too. Looking good!!

Tigersue said...

Glad you are back! I always miss your humor to brighten my day.
I have had my own internet problems so I am behind on posting as well. I guess I should get too it since I have a RS lesson to prepare as well.