Friday, November 11, 2005

It is nice to have friends

I have a friend that lives in Colorado. Due to privacy issues I will just call her Amber and leave it at that. I met Amber when she was a roommate with my daughter and for the life of me I don't know why our family took a liking to her. When Amber was quite young she was abducted by aliens and taken to the mother ship where they studied her then threw her back like a fisherman would a bad fish. This had a very traumatic affect on Amber's life. I mean it is bad enough many of the earthlings have a hard time dealing with her but to be thrown back by aliens is almost inconceivable. Each night we offer a prayer for Amber hoping she will someday return to normalcy. The last time I saw her it was quite conclusive that normalcy was not going to be part of her life. I am just glad we decided to be her friends so the poor girl would not go through life totally friendless. Amber we love you. Oh, I almost forgot. When Amber looked at my blog page and seen the design on it she immediately started crying for she thought it was pictures of her long lost family from outer space.
Friends have not been and easy thing for me and I often would wonder why. What was wrong with me that people did not like me? I had a hard time dating girls in high school. I think I was considered a dork or something. I had crushes on the best looking girls of course but they would not give me the time of day. Lucky for me I met my wife in one of her weak moments and she married me. My wife is a beautiful woman and the best thing that ever happened to me. I consider her to be my very best friend.
Maybe my hearing has something to do with not having many friends. It is so embarrassing to try and have a conversation with someone and I keep saying what, what, what. Now I turn to my wife and ask, "What did they say?" I don't like going to movies because I keep saying to my wife, "What did they say?" Thank goodness for closed captioning on the television. I can enjoy a movie, sports event or other programs without any sound. In a way I like it cause it drives my kids crazy. My son will get so frustrated when I watch a ball game with no sound. I keep telling him I don't need sound to know what is going on beside that I can't stand most of the announcers.
Oh yeah, back to friendship. I am one who believes you can never get enough friends. For the life of me I can not figure out why good looking women think you are hitting on them just because you smile and say hello. I am a happily married man and have no illusions of cheating on my wife but I do like to tease and joke with others. Now where all this is going I have no idea. Today has been a busy day for me and my mind is not focusing. Amber would say it never focuses but what does she know; she thinks aliens are on the earth.
Guess that is all for today. I have a genealogy lesson to study and TV programs to watch.

No comments: