Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Medicare and Social Security Issue

This is about how my pot at the end of the rainbow looks. I have a saying that the Lord never gives you more than you can handle. I have never had much money so now I know how the Lord views my ability to handle it.

Today has been one of those days. Social Security and Medicare have collaborated and come up with the ultimate plan to help senior citizens or those on disability. Right!!!

I have been on Social Security disability since 1997 and while it is not letting me get rich by any means, it has been helping us get by. Each year they have a cost of living raise which is not much but it does help. However, the Medicare premiums have risen to the point that we actually lose money each month. Last year the overall cost of living raise less the Medicare premium cost us $35.00 a month. This year it will cost us another $35 - $40 a month. In addition the new insurance for drugs will cost us more than we have had to pay also. It seems that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. I would love to have a job but the physical disabilities prevent that from happening. I cannot imagine how those who are older than me are surviving.

I normally do not criticize our government leaders but this time they have slipped a bit. There is no way a rich politician can appreciate what the poor people are going through. They have never been there and have no empathy for the situation. I wish the government had used some of us who are on the short end of the stick in developing Social Security and Medicare changes.

Medicare is getting to be a joke. That is about all I can say about that. (Forest Gump)
Enough said!!

It has been a wee bit cold the past two days. I hope when we go to New Mexico it will be a bit warmer. I sure am looking forward to visiting with my son and his family and bugging my daughter in law. I hope New Mexico has some fishing spots cause I sure would like to go fishing down there.

I have always wondered if anyone actually reads these things or even views them. It would be nice to have a counter to see how many hits the site gets. I have read some of the other blogs that people have posted and I don't know why people have to be so disgusting. Who cares what their sex habits are? Those who cannot even write without cursing and using gross language must have been raised in some interesting surroundings. Pigs come to mind and that is an insult to the pig.

Enough said for today.

1 comment:

Alpha Male said...

Go Get Them, I'm Behind You AALL The Way.