Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Our Thanksgiving Holiday



Now some of you might find this picture funny and some of might not and that's okay. When I first came across this picture I enjoyed it but never thought I would actually see the real thing.

We spent Thanksgiving in New Mexico with our son Michael and his family and had a great time. While there I met Michael's father in law and low and behold he took a picture of his boat with him in it setting in their swimming pool. (Brandie if you read this please show it to Randy.) I about cracked up 'cause this was too real. If he had said he caught a fish while doing that I really would have raised my eyebrows!

New Mexico is a different place. They live in Albuquerque and I must say I was surprised at how cold it was. Grass is a premium apparently 'cause there is little of it. We went to the golf course to hit a few golf balls and to see if old Dad here could handle the pain. My back and legs did all right but the heart gave me problems for a couple of days. We ate too much; Brandie is a good cook but does not appreciate my zeal for junk food. (I think) On our way home we visited the 4 corners monument and was not impressed at all. We were charged $3.00 each to look at a concrete slab and take a picture of it. Nothing else was there. All in all I don't think I would like living there too much. I am used to green mountains, clear lakes and lots of animals to see.

Oh lordy I am late for picking up my wife at work. Got to go.

Amber how was your latest visit to the Mother Ship?

No comments: