Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Grandma and Rylie playing together

My goodness. So many things have happened since my last blog. First, my daughter had a false alarm and there is no baby. She spent the day at the hospital and finally the doctor told her to go home it just wasn't going to happen yet. In a way we are all grateful since her due date in not until the first of August. We spent the day at her place and watched the grandsons for her. Kind of like the old saying, "Here I sit all broken hearted. Came to poop but only farted."

Took Cheryl to the doctor on Monday to have her staples removed. She is doing so very well. There were 45 staples to be removed. Now she is home and even cooking a little bit. I don't think she likes my cooking very well although she did ask me to make some fried potatoes for her. Apparently she liked very much the ones I did make.

I am finding out that being a caregiver is a very demanding job. Every time I start to do one of my projects Cheryl seems to need me for something and my project doesn't get done. Then there is the laundry, the cleaning, the vacuuming and the list goes on. I don't think men were made for this type of stuff. We are the hunters and gatherers and our women are the fixers and preparers; leastwise that sounds good to me.:)

Lowa anytime I can be of assistance in genealogy just ask. This town in England that I am extracting is only 700 population but I swear half of the children there are b...ds, hmmm, I don't like using that word, they are children with no father being claimed. Speaking of extraction, I had better get busy and finish this set of records or I will be fired.

Schaumi are you telling me that your husbands birthday is the 8th of July? Must be an exceptionally good man if he was born in July.

Thanks to all of you for your birthday wishes and thoughts for Cheryl.

Have a nice day everyone.

6 comments:

Lowa said...

Glad to hear Cheryl is doing so well. You must be a pretty good cook!! Fried potatoes?!?! YUM! Can you make me some??

That photo is PRECIOUS! I can't believe how big Rylie is already!

Is this new one due the first of August the little girl you mentioned who will be named Amber or Nicole or something like that?? Not sure why those names are stuck in the old noggin'!

Happy to hear about Cheryl. I admit to being a tad worried and sending up some extra prayers, which of course never hurts. The worried thing is what irritates me! LOL

..................... said...

yes, the 8th of july. he's quite a cancerous being..;)....but got to love
him :)

caregiving is hard, lol. i never seem to get diddlysquat done because everybody in the house seems to be in need to care.......

glad that cheryl continous to improve.
and keep us posted on that baby..

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Love that picture! What an adorable baby...and Cheryl too - ha ha. I am glad she is doing better. I laughed at your "came to poop but only farted" - I have heard that for years, but hadn't seen it for a while - funny!

Tigersue said...

Glad things seem to be going okay for you.

What town are you extracting records for? I have genealogy to do in England and Wales and it is so frustrating to find the information. I would much rather work on the Swedes!

Tigersue said...

The family we are researching resided in Somerset county. So not close to the ones you are doing. :)

Tigersue said...

The family we are researching resided in Somerset county. So not close to the ones you are doing. :)