Saturday, July 08, 2006

Hi Everyone,

Well, she is home, she is lippy and she beat me three times in cribbage. Once while she was under the influence of morphine. She will get no mercy from me.

Cheryl is doing as well as can be expected. She gets around amazingly well and has no restrictions on her diet. If fact she was encouraged to eat anything she wants to make sure her system has restarted like it should. She is still in a lot of pain and takes Vicodin quite often but I see improvement almost daily. I am doing the cooking, cleaning, washing, all those lovely chores that men normally don't like to do, but when the chips are down, one must hire a maid. Ha, ha.

Sorry for not blogging sooner but time really does go by fast when you are having fun. I haven't read any blogs for so long you might think I was the one who had the operation. I started doing name extractions again, which is something I really like to do, and it can be quite time consuming also. I am digitizing records from England for all those who like to do genealogy. It is interesting to note that in a town of 700 people there sure was a lot of hanky panky going on. There are a lot of "spinsters" who had children out of wedlock and everyone named their child Elizabeth, Mary, Thomas or John. Can you imagine walking down the street and someone hollers, "Hey, John", and half the population turns around to see who wants them? Mercy.

Well, since we are back to normal here in this household, well, as normal as can be, I will close with this set of "Laws" that my cousin sent to me.

Law of Mechanical Repair: After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch or you'll have to pee.

Law of the Workshop: Any tool, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner.

Law of probability: The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Law of the Telephone: When you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal.

Law of the Alibi: If you tell the boss you were late for work because you had a flat tire, the very next morning you will have a flat tire.

Variation Law: If you change lines (or traffic lanes), the one you were in will start to move faster than the one you are in now (works every time).

Bath Theorem: When the body is fully immersed in water, the telephone rings.

Law of Close Encounters: The probability of meeting someone you know increases when you are with someone you don't want to be seen with.

Law of the Result: When you try to prove to someone that a machine won't work, it will.

Law of Bio Mechanics: The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach.

Theater Rule: At any event, the people whose seats are furthest from the aisle arrive last.

Law of Coffee: As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, your boss will ask you to do something which will last until the coffee is cold.

Murphy's Law of Lockers: If there are only two people in a locker room, they will have adjacent lockers.

Law of Dirty Rugs/Carpets: The chances of an open-faced jelly sandwich of landing face down on a floor covering are directly correlated to the newness and cost of the carpet/rug.

Law of Location: No matter where you go, there you are.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly.

Oliver's Law: A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Wilson's Law: As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.


Tim's Law: Have a nice day everyone!!

2 comments:

Lowa said...

Excellent! Good to hear it:)

Those laws were pretty funny. True, every one of them.

I bet you are having some fun with the geneology thing. I love that stuff! I could get totally absorbed in all of that. I need to get my Dad to do that. There is a lot more about his Irish side of the family that I want to know.

Have a great weekend. Head over to my blog when you can, you have missed some exciting photos of kids frolicking in the sunshine:)

..................... said...

I so glad to hear that Cheryl is recuperating nicely. I am even glader to hear that you have to do all the work......just kidding... I know you would do anything for your Cheryl.