Monday, April 16, 2007


After all the hulabaloo about global warming someone finally got a picture of why the icecaps are melting.

This is the only time this week for me to blog and this has to be short. Cheryl is off exercising with a group of women while I stay home and play on the computer. Her Parkinson has been acting up and she is not feeling too good lately. I guess I will have to find more work for her to do to keep her mind off it.

We have been doing fine actually, just busy. Of course here in the Northern Hemisphere it is spring and we are all busy with gardens, fishing, lawns, fishing and fishing. It really chaps my hide when work interferes with fishing but I adjust.

Have missed hearing from many of you. I look forward to the daily comments and reading your blogs. Dana, thank you for the fishing information. I have got to find where to catch crappie. My friend in California said the same thing about eating them. Lowa it was good to hear from you, it has been a LONG time. It amazes me how many people have never heard of chokecherries but then maybe they are indiginous to the mountain country only. For those who have not heard of them they are a small tree cherry that I have only found in the wild although I see where Gurney's catalog offers them. We are going to get a couple of plants and see how we do. The berry itself is very bitter and makes you pucker big time, but when made into a syrup or jelly it is simply delicious.

Bubba I don't let Cheryl read your comments. I have enough trouble keeping her at bay about an ATV as it is. We all know that men rule and women drool so they have to wait until men have all their toys. (Now there was a sexist remark if I ever seen one.) If it wasn't for us having to buy a better vehicle she would have had her ATV by now.

Our Bishop has asked Cheryl and I to give a talk next Sunday on marriage. He must think we have a good one or something. If only he knew how abusive she is with me. Today, for example, she made me get out of bed at the crack of dawn so she could cut all my hair off my head. Abusive, I am telling you. The other day she accompanied me on a trip with the school kids. We didn't get home until 1:00am and the woman would not let me sleep at all while driving the bus. How rude!! I asked for pancakes and eggs for breakfast, she insisted that I have hash browns, bacon, eggs, hot chocolate and toast. I never get my way. I cut a couple of trees down in our yard (that she really liked) and she now holds a grudge. Every time I turn around she is reminding me of those trees. Abusive, I am telling you.



















Well, enough of my trials and tribulations. Guess I will close with this thought....

This happened to be on a flight getting ready to depart for New Orleans.

Jack was sitting on the plane when a guy took the seat beside him. The guy was an emotional wreck, pale, hands shaking, moaning in fear.

"What's the matter?" Jack asked.

"I've been transferred to New Orleans, there's crazy people there. They've got lots of shootings, gangs, race riots, drugs, poor public schools, and the highest crime rate."

Jack replied, "I've lived in New Orleans all my life. It's not as bad as the media says. Find a nice home, go to work, mind your own business and enroll your kids in a nice private school. It's as safe a place as any where in the world."

The guy relaxed and stopped shaking and said, "Oh, thank you. I've been worried to death. But if you live there and say it's OK, I'll take your word for it. What do you do for a living?"

"Me?" said Jack. "I'm a tail gunner on a Budweiser truck."



Have a nice day everyone.

2 comments:

darkfoam said...

nah, men don't rule.
but i've seen plenty a man drool however...

Judy said...

I guess there's a place for a man whose wife abuses him as much as you seem to be abused... Roasted up and put right next to the mashed potatoes. ; ) 'Must be hard to suffer so!

Thanks for stopping by my place in the forest. Any pal of Foam's is a pal of mine.