Monday, April 09, 2007


I know this picture depicts only women but believe you me my body said exactly the same thing.

I was thinking the other day (yes, I think once in a while) that I need to post a picture of me and my bus. After all it sees more of me than my wife does lately. My boss told me that vacation time was over and that for the next two months I would be gone more than being at home. BRING IT ON!!!

I hope everyone had a very nice Easter. I am curious if Easter is celebrated down in Australia and over in England. I know Canada does not because they are bad children and on the black list of Easter goodies. Even Santa refuses to go there.:) So if any of you nice people are still reading my drivel please let me know. We went over and visited our children in Paradise, Utah, attended church services with them and then had a wonderful meal. The kids all searched for candy and got VERY hyper on the sugar. I was glad when the time to go home came although I did enjoy the visit. My kids bought them an ATV and of course I had to ride it. I worry about Cheryl though. She has wanted one of them for a long time now. I think her "wanting fire" has been stoked up some more.

Did I mention that Cheryl agreed to let me buy a pontoon float tube boat? BRING ON THE FISH. Now I am looking for an electric motor to put on it so I don't have to work so hard. Yes, I am lazy. I can hardly wait to try it out but since it is stormy today it won't be this Monday. Speaking of fishing.............., Dana if you are still reading my blog, and I hope you are, I need some advice about Bass fishing. What kind of lures are best, what kind of spots do I look for, how do you prepare them for eating, do you have to skin them first? If I don't hear from you I will start emailing until you finally give in and tell me.

You know I am still thinking about Pamela and that Marine comment. Hmmmmmm.

UK Bob, can I plant tomatoes in a container and have them come out well or is it best to not mess with containers? How often should a person water tomatoes? I think I over-water. We just were given some bush cherries to plant and I sure am hoping they will grow and flourish 'cause bush cherries make the best syrup and jelly.

My wife spoils me. Got up this morning to a breakfast of french toast smothered in chokecherry syrup, eggs, and last but certainly the best, BACON, BACON, BACON. Of course that was topped off with a cinnamon roll and ice cold milk. Yum, yum.

Got to get going. Been nice writing to you.

Have a nice day everyone.

5 comments:

darkfoam said...

you know, if you get to have a pontoon boat then i think your cheryl ought to have her atv...if that's what she really wants.
what's good for the gander is, after all, good for the goose.
don't think i've ever had chokecherry syrup. sounds yummy though.

Lowa said...

YUM! YOu guys have chokecherries there?? I grew up picking those! My Mum always made us chokecherry jam and syrup:) MY mouth is watering now, I want some!

Yes, the boat sounds lovely. They are so relaxing! I Love pontoons!

What you said about the fishing in your other post was quite funny! LOL I take it that means that you enjoy fishing?? LOL

Glad you had a nice Easter. I want to catch up on more of your news, but need to take a nap. Maybe I can catch up tomorrow!

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Hey Tim!! Yes, Dana still reads you...though less frequently she gets around in her old age. ha ha I just have been so crazy busy lately..this is our busy time of year at work so its worse than usual. But, I'll try to answer your questions.
Unfortunately, the type of fish we (my family and I) normally fish for are CRAPPIE and not BASS. So, I am not any kind of expert on bass fishing! Now for Crappie fishing, and that is what I would recommend (they are very good to eat...much better than Bass!), you would use minnows - they really like that...and little "jigs" that aren't too big cause Crappie aren't as big as bass and it is easier for them to get the smaller ones in their mouths. To clean a Crappie (and I would assume bass would be the same way) you use a filet knife and skin them. Just start under the gills and slice from their gills to their tail and then flip it open and clean the skin off...and take the "meat" out. Then flip them over to the other side and repeat on that side. They really do make for good eating - we fry them up in corn meal and they are mmmm mmmm good! Sorry I don't know about Bass..but hope I helped.

Oh yea, and Crappie like the brush...you need to fish where there are a lot of limbs under the wate r- they love that - they like to hide in the brush.

Pamela said...

I want her to be my wife.

Jeanette said...

HI Tim Chokeberries? never heard of them.
We have a few Pontoon boats on our Lake, commonly called Barby (bbq) boats here