Friday, April 06, 2007


Now isn't this like we Americans? Complain about privacy................ yeah.

Just a short update on what Cheryl and I are doing. The past two days we spent driving around the area finding and looking at fishing res??? places. In one day we found 12 places with fair to good fishing all within 35 miles or so of the house. Since that got me all excited Cheryl agreed to let me purchase a pontoon boat. Now I am really excited. If I start catching fish like I hope it will be orgasmic. (I can't believe I actually said that.)

Today we went to the Mormon temple in Logan, Utah and attended a session. Then we spent the day shopping, one of my most favorite things to do............NOT!!! My back was hurting so bad that I had to ride the little electric buggys around the store which made me look like a wuusss. Big old healthy looking guy making those poor little old ladies hoof it. NYAH, NYAH. I got to it first.

Oh, by the way Pamela I am trying to decipher just what you meant about spending the weekend with the marines. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Spicy old broad anyway.

Vacation time is over and tomorrow I hit the road again. My boss told me to hang on cause I will be running my buttocks off. I don't mind though cause it will only last another two months and then summertime hits and no work.

Let me see if I have a story or poem to leave you with.

Where Are the Wicked Folk Buried?
'Tell me, grey-haired sexton,' said I,
'Where in the field are the wicked folk laid?
I have wandered the quiet old graveyard through,
And studied the epitaphs, old and new,
But on monument, obelisk, pillar, or stone,
I read no evil that men have done.'
The old sexton stood by a grave newly made,
With his chin on his hand, his hand on a spade:
'Who is the judge when the soul takes its flight?
Who is the judge 'twixt the wrong and the right?
Which of us mortals shall dare to say
That our neighbor was wicked who died to-day?'
'In our journey through life, the farther we speed,
The better we learn that humility's need
Is charity's spirit that prompts us to find
Rather virtue than vice in the lives of our kind.'
'Therefore good deeds we record on these stones;
The evil men do, let it rest with their bones'
I have labored as sexton this many a year,
But I never have buried a bad man here.'
-- From "Journal of the Association for the Preservation of the
Memorials of the Dead in Ireland," Vol. 2, Part 1 (1895)

Have a nice day everyone.

No comments: