Monday, May 14, 2007


Cheryl says this is what I resemble when I want to be fed. Hmmmmmm.

I am officially fired for the year. My last trip got taken away from me because the bus broke down and there are no more trips this year. I cannot believe I am feeling somewhat blue about it. I have never enjoyed a job like I have enjoyed this one. Maybe summer will go really fast and I will be back behind the wheel before I know it.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. I would like to know if this is just a United States special day or do other countries celebrate Mother's Day as well?

We had a good time. On Saturday we went out to dinner and took in a movie, Spiderman 3. I promised Cheryl I would get her a new fishing pole (her request) but the stores were so crowded that we just didn't feel like doing it then.

We are finding that since moving to a small town we are becoming more and more removed from the hustle and bustle of the larger cities. I think we are getting old. We really enjoy setting at home and relaxing, going to the post office and watching some of the locals ride their horses through town, saying hi to most everyone we meet and doing some chatting with them. Yep, I like the small town lifestyle. Oh, it has it's problems too but we choose to ignore them.

I keep telling myself I don't know what I am going to do now that I have all this free time on my hands. Sure I could go and do yard work, work in the garden, paint the deck, paint the house, and so on but that doesn't sound like fun at all. One thing I will do is more indexing for genealogy. I have not been too active in that lately and I need to get going again. Actually I think I will go and lie down until this ambitious feeling goes away.

I think I will go get a bottle of red wine, put on some REAL good cologne, practice my best French accent and be ready for Cheryl comes she home from work. However I don't think any of that will work. I don't drink wine, I don't wear cologne, I'm Irish not French and Cheryl would just laugh and say here is a quarter call me in the morning. Sigh... keep on dreaming Timmy boy.

Have a nice day everyone.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Gday Tim, I had to enlarge pic to see what it was oh my I hope that Bear wasnt in your garden.
Now, in Answer to your Question. yes! we celebrate Mothers Day in Australia Always the second sunday in May.. And Ihad a lovely mothers day see photos on my blog

Fried Lemon Pie said...

Greets Tim,
Mother's Day was very nice here in Texas.

I am jealous of the thought of a lazy summer! Enjoy!!!

darkfoam said...

maybe you should treat cheryl to a footrub.