Friday, May 25, 2007

Since a certain young woman I know of is going camping this weekend, and from the description of the food supply she will probably wander out into the wilderness and pick up some ticks; I thought she should know this information. Hmmmmmmm.
*************************************************************************************


Subject: Removing Wood Ticks


This is a good thing to know for any of us living, picnicking, camping

or just being in the woods etc. At least it is worth a try.



Please forward to anyone with children or hunters, etc!! Thanks!

A pediatrician tells he believes is the best way to remove a tick. This

is great, because it works in those places where it's sometimes difficult

to get to with tweezers: between toes, in the middle of a head full of dark hair, etc.

"Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball. Cover the tick with the soap-soaked

cotton ball and let it stay on the repulsive insect for a few seconds (15-20),

after which the tick will come out on it's own and be stuck to the cotton ball

when you lift it away. This technique has worked every time I've used it (and that was

frequently), and it's much less traumatic for the patient and easier for me.

Unless someone is allergic to soap, I can't see that this would be damaging

in any way. I even had my doctor's wife call me for advice because she had

one stuck to her back and she couldn't reach it with tweezers. She used

this method and immediately called me back to say, "It worked!"

Please pass on; everyone needs this helpful hint.
*************************************************************************************

Not much to say today so will close with this....

Have a nice day everyone.

3 comments:

Lowa said...

WOW!

This is awesome to know. Thanks:)

Jock is camping with friends this weekend, so I can't tell him this yet. I will check him all over when he returns tomorrow and then see if this works if need be:)

darkfoam said...

that's great advice, irishman.
i've managed to stay tick free. i reckon i'm too stinky when i camp...:)

darkfoam said...

oh, and i will let you know that i was very well behaved this weekend.