Monday, May 07, 2007


This is an old picture of the ladies of my household, the year I don't remember.


This is a picture of the two youngest ones with their fiesty old mother. This picture was taken this year. What happened to my sweet innocent darlings?



This is a picture of the complete group of women that are in my life now, minus a daughter-in-law and one granddaughter. Great bunch if I do say so.

I took the baseball team to a competition last Saturday that was more fitted for skiing. The wind blew 30+ mph, the snow came, the rain came but the game went on. It was so cold that at the 4th inning I went and sat on the bus. No sense me getting frostbite is there? Wouldn't you know it but the next day was sunny and beautiful with no wind. I went to church and gave thanks.

I have to leave for another trip in just a few minutes so this will be short. Come May 24th and it all ends for this year. Unlike many teachers who are looking forward to school ending, I must say I will miss it and look forward to the fall. I have the best job I have had in years.

Let me see if I have anything worth leaving today...
*************************************************************************************

Understanding Engineers

For those of you who have difficulty understanding the engineer's mindset!!!

Understanding Engineers - Take One

Two engineering students were walking across a university campus when one said, “Where did you get such a great bike?"

The second engineer replied, "Well, I was walking along yesterday, minding my own business, when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike, threw it to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want."

The first engineer nodded approvingly and said, "Good choice; the clothes probably wouldn't have fitted you anyway."

Understanding Engineers - Take Two

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Understanding Engineers - Take Three

A priest, a doctor, and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers.

The engineer fumed, "What's with those blokes? We must have been waiting for fifteen minutes!"

The doctor chimed in, "I don't know, but I've never seen such inept golf!"

The priest said, "Here comes the greens keeper. Let's have a word with him."

He said, "Hello, George! What's wrong with that group ahead of us? They're rather slow, aren't they?"

The greens keeper replied, "Oh, yes. That's a group of blind fire fighters. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free anytime."

The group fell silent for a moment.

The priest said, "That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight."

The doctor said, "Good idea. I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist colleague and see if there's anything he can do for them."

The engineer said, "Why can't they play at night?"
*************************************************************************************

Have a nice day everyone.

3 comments:

Still just me said...

Your blog really makes me miss all those out of state Jr. Olympic softball tourneys my daughter played in. I used to love traveling all over watching her play. I am a little jealous that you still get to participate, and just to let you know- your job is very much appreciated!

-former softball and basketball mom

Pamela said...

why don't you remember that year.


Great engineer joke. I know a few and thats tooooo real.

darkfoam said...

about the middle picture of your girls...
they just gained an appreciation of the 'finer' things in life....;).