Tuesday, May 22, 2007


I woke up this morning and what did I see? Certainly not popcorn popping on the apricot tree. I went HO,HO,HO and a big BAH HUMBUG. It was snowing very large flakes. Sure glad I don't have to go out in this mess today. Actually we are very happy to see the snow. This has been a very dry winter and we have little snow pack to provide water for the crops and gardens.

Foam, I read your post about your experience when you were younger and it sent chills up and down my spine. My word girl, how fortunate to have your brother show up and the right time. Happenings of that nature just make my blood boil 'cause I can see my daughters, granddaughters in the same situation. Mercy!!!

By the way Foam, young buddy of mine, I liked the picture and with all the other hints you have provided I can tell you are a very attractive person. School teachers were not that good looking when I went to school so your students better appreciate you. My teachers were of the grandmother vintage and with the disposition of Oscar the Grouch. That was back in the days when they could lay hands on us for discipline and believe you me I had hands laid on me many times. They just couldn't see that I was truly a sweet loving little angel.

Pamela I have a question for you. Did you design the picture you have on your blog? It is quite a well thought out picture with you name written the way you did. By the way did I ever tell you that you are a very attractive lady also? Actually as I think about it all the ladies I blog with are very attractive, even the Australians.:) They are wild and attractive.

Well the snow is dwindling outside so I have to lie down just in case some burst of energy comes over me. Last night a group of us got together and sampled packages of dehydrated food to put in a 72 hour pack in case of emergencies. This food is found in sporting goods stores and was very tasty. This morning I prepared Cheryl a breakfast of scambled eggs and bacon using one of those packages. The eggs were quite good but the bacon... yech. I might have to go to town and check out what is available today. That sounds like more fun than working around the house.
*************************************************************************************

Tips from the Redneck Book of Manners


1. Never take a beer to a job interview.
2. Always identify people in your yard before shooting at them.
3. It's considered poor taste to take a cooler to church.
4. If you have to vacuum the bed, it is time to change the sheets.
5. Even if you're certain that you are included in the will, it is still considered tacky to drive a U-Haul to the funeral home.

DINING OUT

1. If drinking directly from the bottle, always hold it with your fingers covering the label.
2. Avoid throwing bones and food scraps on the floor as the restaurant may not have dogs.

ENTERTAINING IN YOUR HOME

1. A centerpiece for the table should never be anything prepared by a taxidermist.
2. Do not allow the dog to eat at the table no matter how good his manners are.

PERSONAL HYGIENE

1. While ears need to be cleaned regularly, this is a job that should be done in private
using one's OWN truck keys.
2. Proper use of toiletries can forestall bathing for several days. However, if you live alone, deodorant is a waste of good money.
3. Dirt and grease under the fingernails is a social no-no, as they tend to detract from a woman's jewelry and alter the taste of finger food.

DATING (Outside the Family)

1. Always offer to bait your date's hook, especially on the first date.
2. Be aggressive. Let her know you're interested: "I've been wanting to go out with you since I read that stuff on the bathroom wall two years ago."
(Always a good opener)
3. Establish with her parents what time she is expected back. Some will say 10:00 PM; others might say "Monday." If the latter is the answer, it is the man's responsibility to get her to school on time.
4. Always have a positive comment about your date's appearance, such as,"ya sure don't sweat much for a fat woman."

WEDDINGS

1. Livestock, usually, is a poor choice for a wedding gift.
2. Kissing the bride for more than 5 seconds may get you shot.
3. For the groom, at least, rent a tux. A leisure suit with a cummerbund and a clean bowling shirt can create too sporty an appearance.
4. Though uncomfortable, say "yes" to socks and shoes for this special occasion.
5. It is not appropriate to tell the groom how good his wife is in the sack.

DRIVING ETIQUETTE

1. Dim your headlights for approaching vehicles; even if the gun is loaded, and the deer is in sight.
2. When approaching a four-way stop, the vehicle with the largest tires always has the right of way.
3. Never tow another car using panty hose and duct tape.
4. When sending your wife down the road with a gas can, it is impolite to ask her to bring back beer.
5. Never relieve yourself from a moving vehicle, especially when driving.
6. Do not lay rubber while traveling in a funeral procession
*************************************************************************************

I apologoze if I have posted this before. My memory is failing and I have to do what I have to do or I will forget what to do if I remember what I want to do.

Mayden's Voyage, I don't know if you still visit me or not but if you do you will appreciate the Redneck Manners.

Have a nice day everyone.

3 comments:

darkfoam said...

snow? haha. although just 30 miles west of us they've had snow in those mountains as late as june at times. but it's very unusual.
ech, i reckon attractive is in the eye of the beholder. i've had a very charming young student tell me a couple of years ago that they all took a vote and decided i was ugly...lol...
but thanks for the compliment.

Pamela said...

The red necks list is "Hill"arious
.. I'm going to print that off and hand it out to all my friends.

Yes. thats my writing in the dust...

darkfoam said...

it's my last 1/2 day with my students.
i done told them to head your way.
hope ya'll have tons of bacon. they luv bacon..oh, and biscuits too. and of course, tons and tons of sugary stuff..
they luv running around hyped up on sugar...:)
i wouldn't want you to get bored over the summer. i do watch out for my friends you know..:)