Tuesday, February 26, 2008

This is just how I feel. I met a Japanese man one time (his wife was Dutch) who said to me, "I don't drink, I don't smoke but by golly I am going to eat." and eat he did. I really enjoyed that couple and wonder what ever become of them.

Well the state wrestling tournament is over, the young men are back to school and the poor bus driver is still trying to regain his lost sleep. I have a serious problem when I take athletic teams anywhere... I like to watch the contests. Saturday I put in about 18 hours by the time they finished and I got them back home. To top it all off I hit a deer just outside of Preston. Not much I could do about it because it came at full speed out of nowhere. I can shoot animals and it doesn't bother me too much but to run over them, even a little mouse, I get a sickening feeling.

Strange weather the Canadians are sending us. Snow, rain, snow, sunshine, rain then snow again. It is like they cannot make up their minds as to how to punish us here in the US.

We are once again petless. (I know it is not a word.) Our new cat had attacked Cheryl and put a nice gash across her face which she will have a scar now and then it attacked me and scratched me fairly good on the hand. It only attacked when it did not like something we were doing with it but still it made us worry what would happen if the grandkids were here. Plus Cheryl and I have had serious allergies since it arrived... so anyhow it is now gone. I think if I get another cat it will be a Siamese kitten that I can raise and train right from the start. At least they don't shed like the others do, or so I am told.

I went to an Applebee's for the first time while I was on the trip. I really liked it. I had a bourbon street steak that was just delicious. I think I like Cajun cooking. Of course any restaurant is only as good as it's cook.

Did I tell you, Pam, that after you posted the picture of a downy woodpecker we had one in our tree. I wouldn't have known what it was if you hadn't have posted your picture. Thank you. We are going to purchase a book on birds of north America so we can identify them easier.

Good to have Foam back... no, I don't know why, but it is good. Foam is a good person... it is just that there are only two kinds of good in this world; no good and good for nothing. Bwah ha ha ha.
I love you Foam.:)

I know of others who read my blog but never make a comment so I will say "hi" to those "OLD " grannies down in Bakersfield, CA. Cheryl has been under the weather for a bit but she is doing much better now.

Sarah, I hope you read this, I would love to attend but I am not much at preparing something of that nature. If you knew my history you would find that reunions are not my strong point.

Well, who haven't I picked on. Got a fairly easy week this week so should be able to blog a little more often.

Be safe, be careful and have a nice day everyone.

7 comments:

darkfoam said...

well, i just came from the deep south. it was amazing how very cold and windy it was. it got warmer as i came back into the northern southern states.

a scratchy cat is not good. i'm sorry cheryl will have a scar.

applebee's is alright if you have the time. our applebee's takes forever.

and you, irishman, are a good person too .. :) i'll claim the good for nothing part ..
you can have the no good part..
;)

be careful on those roads now..:)

Jeanette said...

Hi Tim I agree with you if it scratches like that you dont know who will get the next vicious scratch better off with out it..
my Daughter has a siamese and it just love getting cuddles a real family cat.

Gledwood said...

What did that Japanese man actually eat? Had he escaped Japan?... did you meet on neutral nonJapanese ground?...

... I mean if I managed to escape a country where raw fish and eels with seaweed were national delicacies I think I would foodbinge too!

Hey and I'm a Nippon-o-phile I even got a Japanese blog goin'...

Gledwood said...

Hey what on earth is my Aussie friend Jeanette doing commenting here... small world every time I go hoppin' into blogworlds unknown some familiar face (or seven) most often appears...

;->...

Preity Angel... said...

I totally agree with you..nice blog will be back

bye for now

Lowa said...

Hey, you didn't pick on me yet!

:)

I don't care for Applebees AT ALL, but I am glad that you enjoyed it:)

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Gee... all the whining in this post is incredible. Sheeesh.

As for the weather you get... that is not Canadian weather... that is ALASKAN weather that has flown over our airspace to get to you.

That poor misunderstood and unloved kitty cat. awwwww. (seriously tho, I can see your point in having it gone).