Tuesday, February 19, 2008

This is my son in law, Robin, who is quite a character. As you can tell his kids think quite highly of him as well. That blonde one in the front is quite the character, heck, they are all characters.

I don't know why, but I was thinking about death and the many different ways it affects all of us. It is hard to lose the companionship of a loved one or a dear friend. They leave a void in our lives that is hard to fill if it really can be filled. Yet, all of us will have to deal with this emotion at one time or another. What does death mean? Is that it? Is there no more to look forward to?

If you are a believer in religion then the answer is YES, there is more to it than what we might know. If that is true then we all need to find out just what is going to happen and prepare for the next phase of life. I am not going to sit here and preach to anyone but it is important for personal relief to know some of the answers for questions that confront us. Me, personally, well I believe in Christ and His teachings. If I am mislead then I am in for a great surprise. I just cannot imagine enjoying my wife and family so much during this life to never see them again or be with them again when I die. Okay, enough on this subject.

Got another long week ahead of me. Taking the wrestling team to Boise, ID for the state tournament. Should be fun but tiring.

Oh, for those who might be wondering what I did do for Cheryl on Valentine Day I took her to the local truck stop for supper. Now if that is not romantic I don't know what is. She had a country fried steak with eggs and hash browns. I did not spare the dollars on this evening and topped it off with a piece of lemon pie. I am so pleased with myself. She is soooooo lucky to have married a romantic like me. When we finished we came home and watched TV.

I am always picking on poor Hillary but she does things that really bug me. First there was the crying act. Then there was the firing of her campaign manager and now it is the dirt slinging and accusations. Is that the kind of President she is going to be? When the going gets tough is she going to start crying? Is she going to start firing everyone because things did not turn out the way she thought they should? Will she start slamming other world leaders and calling them liars and thieves which should do wonders for the American image that is already torn to shreds.

Shut up Tim. This is not a political broadcast.

Due the the cold and snow we started putting out bird feed for the little ones. At first there were only about two or three that would come and eat. Now there are about 20 to 30 regulars with more in the trees. I even saw a downy woodpecker and was able to identify it due to Pam's posting of a picture on her web site. Kinda neat. We are noticing a few Robins lately which means spring is definitely on its way. When I see my first Killdeer then I will know it is here.

Of course we feed the squirrels also. Bunch of little pigs. At first we only had two that came everyday but now we have up to 8 or 9 that know when food is being served. Our cat just sits in front of the sliding glass door and never blinks his eyes. I think one of the squirrels stuck its tongue out at him the other day.

If I don't get to your blogs and make comments on them please forgive me. I do read them but sometimes I just don't have the time (or the ambition) to make comments. I do enjoy each and everyone of them.

Guess I will close for today. Got to leave at 8:00 am tomorrow and don't know when I will be back so this will be it for this week. Have a great week and be safe.

Have a nice day everyone.

5 comments:

Lowa said...

Your son-in-law looks like a fun Dad. Kind of Dad every kid should have!

Funny you mention death. I just got a book on H.ell last night. OUr 12 year old is starting to question his faith and say he doesn't believe in heaven/h.ell. I told him it is good to question and everyone needs to decide what they believe on thier own. But that got ME thinking and now I am reading up some!

I should put out bird seed too. Never really think about it, that is a nice idea.

Have a great week!

Jeanette said...

Hi Tim, Your Son inlaw looks like he loves having fun with the kids and the look on the kids faces there having a lot of fun with Dad..
In answer to your Question.
regarding the tests I had.
I was diagnosed Bowel cancer and had major surgery May 2004, and in remission,have these tests 12 monthly.. Please see my 1st entry Archives June 2006 It will explain a bit more..Jen

Pamela said...

You had me snorting about the truck stop valentine dinner.

When I was a kid - we rarely traveled. BUT, Dad always looked for places where truckers were eating because he figured it was good food.

Now - I'm sure there are many other things that truckers are looking for (Showers, WI-FI, blah blah blah)

darkfoam said...

hey, have you ever offered to ride on your son-in-laws back?

i think a steak dinner at a truck stop sounds lovely..

it's not the place after all, but the company.

Gledwood said...

Those kids remind me of my pet hamsters,. Well kind of haha

;->...