Thursday, February 28, 2008

This is soooooo me. Sometimes I have to get after myself for not acting my age.

Cheryl is feeling better this morning. She was picking on me big time before she left for work. She also left an endless list of chores to do. It is plain to see that I am going to have to have an attitude adjustment with that woman.

By the way... welcome Gledwood and Angel to my blog and I hope you return often.

I think it was Jeanette who said she would like a siamese cat. Me too. Gledwood, those Australian women show up in the darndest places and the jokes they tell... whooooeeeee. Jen likes to pick on us poor Irishman though. Actually I am an American through and through but both of my grandparents were from Ireland, except one who was Welsh, and so I have quite a bit of Irish blood flowing in these veins. I am proud of my Irish heritage but in all honesty being an American is #1 with being an Idahoan #2. Just think of how terrible it would have been to be a Canadian. (Just kidding guys) I would have to like hockey, fishing, the Queen, and cowgirls. Three out of four ain't bad.

Angel you have come quite a ways from where you were born to where you live. Do you miss your homeland much? Sounds like you have a great attitude toward your husband and that is the way it should be. Even after all these years I would hate to think of life without my Cheryl.

I now have three big fat doves that are eating at the bird table outside. They are fun to watch and I was told that they are a type of South American dove that is not found in the US that much.

Last night I could have used a shotgun. Two cats decided to duke it out right underneath our bedroom window. Talk about a noise.

Well my sweethearts birthday is in the month of March and I am already planning a big dinner at the local truck stop. Maybe I will splurge and take her across the street to Taco Heaven or whatever the name is. Never, ever accuse an Irishman of not having romance in his blood.

Got to close and get some of these chores done. I am taking the brainiac's on a trip today to a competition. It is fun to watch these sort of things although I have not a clue as to what some of the questions they are asked mean.

Be safe, be happy and have a nice day everyone.

5 comments:

diana said...

ya, my oldest son is one of those brainiacs. he's participating in a competition tomorrow as a matter of fact. of course, he gets all his brainiac powers from moi.
..and who wants to be mature anyways.. that's boring ..
it's more fun to be silly .. ;)

Lowa said...

I guess you are more Irish that I am then. My ancestors came over from Ireland about five generations ago. Man, I want to go there BAD! I am going to see "Celtic Woman" perform in April here in Seattle. I am SO EXCITED! Trying to teach myself some gaelic and really get into my heritage.

I also have Welsh on my Mum's side. WOW! We REALLY have a lot in common.

Besides you liking pepsi and football, that is:)

Sorry you hit the deer:( That is certainly hard.

Also sorry you had to get rid of the kitty. We have two and had to kick them outside a few years ago. The fighting we hear under the bedroom window at 3 AM is the dag-gum raccoons coming and fighting with our felines. That makes me SO MAD!

Have a good weekend and drive carefully!

Jeanette said...

Hi Tim,,Pleased to here Cheryl is on the mend.. BTW. My Daughter has Siamese Cat and a dog. My neighbours have cats which choose to fight right outside my bedroom window at all hours of the night, not fun sometimes I feel like ringing the council. then you got to catch the cat and keep till they come collect it at there leasure. so noway will i do that.
its against the law here to let your cat outside after 6pm..

Pamela said...

what kind of doves????

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Tim... just for the record: liking hockey, fishing, the Queen and cowgirls is NOT a prerequisite to being Canadian. We are a free country, so we can like or dislike these and other things if we choose. But hey, who wouldn't love Canadian Cowgirls?? :oP

Oh wow... how romantic!! Birthday dinner at a truck stop or fast food joint. Tell me, what does such a nice gal like Cheryl see in a guy like you? You are one lucky man... sigh.