Monday, March 17, 2008


Ah, tis one of the best days of the year... the wearin of the green. Actually I think it is a day set aside for all Irishmen and Irishwomen to have an excuse to drink and frolic. Hmmmm, if only I drank and frolic'd. Now listen Foam, my friend, I was speaking about cabbage and beer being a deadly concoction mainly from listening to others speak of it. Well, maybe in another life I might have imbibed a touch but not anymore.

My goodness after reading the comments on my last blog maybe I should try corn beef and cabbage. LOWA I do like sauerkraut and cold slaw but that is the extent of my cabbage eating.

Since this is St. Patrick's day and I KNOW all of you are wearing green today, I will post some more pictures.

Now who can resist a lovely Irish lass with her fiddle and green hat? All of you must have a little Irish blood because I feel you are pretty too. Cheryl is all dressed in green and I CERTAINLY am although I would not want a picture taken of me. I have black pants with bright green shamrocks all over them and the word "Guiness" filling in the blank spots. My shirt is green striped. Bring on the fun.

Now for the life of me I cannot figure out why a green frog with a green hat. Cheryl likes to collect frogs... says they remind her of me. Hmmmm. Now one more picture that is more a self portrait than anything else.

Yep, that is me at my best, green eyes and all. (Just kidding of course)
What kind of blogger would I be if I did not talk about St. Patrick's day today? I have mentioned it before and I will mention it again... I am proud of my Irish heritage. They worked hard, played hard, and laughed hard. They loved music and so do I. My favorite song is, "I Just Don't Look Good Naked Anymore". (Thank you Alice)

Another hard week coming up. Another trip to Boise. I am beginning to know every bump on the road from here to there. Saturday we had a vicious snow squall come through that left about 10 inches of snow in a very short space, caused all kinds of accidents, left the roads icy as all get out for a while, and almost blew my bus into an 18 wheeler. I was really fighting the wind for a while. However the group of youngsters were an exceptionally good group and we had a lot of fun.

Saturday was Cheryl's birthday. Unfortunately I was not here to celebrate it with her but our two daughters got with her and they had a fun day; probably more fun than if Dad had been there. I gave her a couple of pins to wear. One was a Red Hat pin and the other was a frog under an umbrella. (She said she liked it.)

Last night the moon had a very large ring around it. If memory serves me correctly it means stormy weather is coming for about a week or longer. As I read the weather forecast this morning it seemed to bear out my convictions. I do know a small ring around the moon means it is going to be cold.

Okay, enough of my intellect. Remember Easter is coming next Sunday and while it is a commemoration of our Savior please don't forget to say, "I love you" to your loved ones.

Hope everyone is well and happy and don't forget that the most important thing to do today is... KISS AN IRISHMAN!!!

Have a nice day everyone.

4 comments:

Jeralee said...

Happy St. Patricks Day. And a Happy Belated Birthday to Aunt Cheryl!

I heard that song "I Just Don't Look Good Naked Anymore" performed live last fall at our church fall social. We hired some musicians to entertain us. That was their final piece. I thought I would fall out of my seat, I was laughing so hard. Some of the more prim and propper church members didn't think it appropriate. But who cares. Hysterical.

We want picture of your outfit!

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Jeralee... NO PICTURES!!!

darkfoam said...

we want PICTURES of the outfit..!!
and of course i was referring to another lifetime..
btw., and come to think of it, i don't think i eat cabbage and drink beer at the same time either ..

Pamela said...

I used to sing a song:
I'm Irish, and I'm beautiful.And I'm beautiful 'cuz I'm Irish.
It's a thrill to repeat,
I'm Irish and sweet.
I'm Irish and beautiful, too."


Then I found out I was Dutch.