Thursday, March 20, 2008


This is a rare animal and to be able to capture it on film is exciting. It was found in
Canada.

I have seen a sure sign that spring is almost here. Snowbirds are returning. Now for those of you who do not know what a snowbird is, they are a different kind of species that migrates south in the fall and returns in the spring. Now that in itself does not sound so different since a lot of birds do that but these birds are generally quite old, crippled, and rather than fly they drive themselves to warmer climates where they set around with other snowbirds and tell tall tales about their youth. They always seem to travel in pairs with the male being paunchy and generally bald and the female being grandmotherly with a white head. (Of course only her hairdresser knows for sure what color she should be.)

Our two snowbirds showed up last Tuesday. They had wintered in St. George, Utah. They play banjo's and love country western music.

I think my wife is taking advantage of me. Just because I did not have a run the first part of the week I have been assigned the tasks of washing clothes, carrying things downstairs, cleaning toilets, going to the post office and many other wifely tasks. What does she do? Gets up, gives me a cold breakfast and goes to work where she plays all day with little children. Yep, I am being taken advantage of. I haven't even been able to squeeze in a fishing trip or even get my gear ready. When the hour of her return is near I start to tremble and shake if I have not finished my chores 'cause she beats me for being lazy, or worse, she deprives me of my supper. I live an abused life, I just hide it well. I cannot even have my girlfriend come over to visit 'cause my spouse has spies throughout the neighborhood that watch our house almost 24 hours a day.

Did I mention that I have a LOT of Irish blood in me and sometimes the blarney comes out.

Time for my morning nap so will close. Hope everyone is well and happy.

Have a nice day everyone.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

I watched Stan Boreson as a child growing up near Seattle.
Here are the lyrics to the theme song which he sang and Istill remember;
Zero dachus, Mucho Crackus
Hallaballooza Bub
That's the secret password that we
Use down at the club, and
Zero dachus, Mucho Crackus
Hallaballooza fan
Means now you are a member of
King's TV club with Stan.


(:

Lowa said...

Morning nap?? How do you have time for such things if you are such a slave?? LOL

I can't watch the clip right now, but will try to later.

Hope you had a great Easter!