Wednesday, April 09, 2008

No pictures today, just information. I know several people read my blog so they can keep up with Cheryl and I so here is some new information.

Last night Cheryl had, what we thought was, a heart attack. I have never seen her look so bad in my life so off to the emergency room we rushed. They were waiting for us and immediately wheeled her into the room and started performing all kinds of tests. Come to find out her heart rate in the atrium was around 200 and the heart rate in the (I think it is called the ventricle) was around 50. Needless to say she had no blood moving, no oxygen coming to the body and things were kind of scary. He was afraid more of stroke or clots than an actual heart stoppage. They pumped different drugs into her to slow down the atrial rate but it took all night to finally get it down to 80.

She is home now and doing much better. I think this was kind of a wake up call for her to realize she is no spring chicken (or even a German one) and that she cannot be doing things like she used to.

That was our excitement for the day.

Have a nice day everyone.

5 comments:

Still just me said...

Tell her that I will be thinking of her and sending good vibes her way.

darkfoam said...

how so very scary!
i wish the very best for cheryl and hope she recovers well.
did you take your blood pressure medicine today, btw?

Pamela said...

shook me up just reading about it.
It is very frightening to not have control of what the body is doing.

prayers and hugs.

darkfoam said...

ya'll okay up yonder?
concerned buddies wanna know..

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and yes, Foam, I did take my BP meds. Didn't want two of us in the hospital.