Monday, November 17, 2008



If I get busy and don't get time to set down and wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving then I wish to do it now. Hope all of you enjoy your holiday and please, be safe.

So, what is everyone doing for Thanksgiving? Cheryl and I are just staying home like a couple of senior citizens. All of our kids have moved so far away that it takes 10 hours to get to the nearest one. (Oops, I forgot about the one in Provo but she has other plans.) That means they won't be able to come here and we won't be able to go to any of their homes. For Thanksgiving I sort of miss having the family gather. As a youth it was the one day that the Delaney brothers and sisters with their spouses would come to our home and it was just neat. Normally during the year I did not get to see much of them. I thought I would carry on the tradition with our family but necessity took them a long ways away.

Cheryl has had her operation and is doing just fine, a little tender, but just fine. Personally I think she is milking the kindness needed thing too much. I don't mind helping but there is a limit you know.

Got an email from my son in New Mexico and he led me to a website that has pictures of my grandson playing baseball. It was really neat seeing him in his uniform being all serious. I guess he is quite the ball player too. All star of course. I have another grandson in Bakersfield, California who was chosen as an all star in football. Yep, this grandpa's buttons are popping.

Winter has given us a warning here. Snow on the mountains which we need so badly. It is just about time for me to take my time off from work. I have to take the Christmas break and the whole month of January off which about drives me crazy and poor Cheryl even crazier. I have nothing more to do than chase her around the house. When I think of the other drivers out there in the snowstorms I don't feel like I am being punished too much.

Well one of my favorite shows will be coming on so I best get in front of the TV in my relaxed mode. The show? "Chuck" cause I like that hot little blond on it.:)))))

Have a nice day everyone.

2 comments:

darkfoam said...

hey, tim..
i'm very glad to hear that cheryl is doing fine. and i think she ought to milk that fact that she's had an operation for all it's worth.
we actually have a chance of snow forecasted, but i seriously doubt we will get anything.
oh..and what are the foams doing for thanksgiving?
going to the in-laws who live just a few miles away. i'll be bringing the dessert and a couple of side dishes. mr foam's other siblings won't be coming. and sometime during the weekend i'll be bringing my mother home for a few hours. her alzheimers is gettting worse by the day it seems though.
well, anyway ..
i hope that you and cheryl have a very relaxing and peaceful thanksgiving ..

Pamela said...

yes.. Cheryl needs lots and lots of TLC
(Tim's Loving Care)