Monday, November 17, 2008

It is still Monday and I have not set down to watch "Chuck" yet because I read my sister-in-law's and my niece's blogs about gratitude. I must give it a shot. Most of my youthful life I was told I was an ungrateful little s--t so this might be hard for me. These are not necessarily in priority order although the first two certainly are.

WHAT I AM GRATEFUL FOR!!!

1. Without a doubt, my wife Cheryl.

2. My religion.

3. A warm house on a cold day.

4. Rain. I love to watch it rain.

5. Animals. Especially north american animals like moose, deer, horses..., oh you know what I mean.

6. Hugs from my grandchildren.

7. Having my children tell me they love me..., and mean it.

8. The smell of baking bread.

9. Listening to a brook.

10. A drink of cold, cold, milk.

11. Listening to my wife snore. (Sometimes it can be very comforting.)

12. To hear the wind blowing in the trees.

13. Bacon.

14. Friendships, although it is hard for me at times.

15. For my current job which I enjoy.

16. The smell of new mown hay.

17. That the words Pappa or Poppy were invented by little girls.

18. Freedom and I mean this most seriously. Thank you veterans and those currently serving in our armed forces.

19. The United States of America and what a great place it is and hope it will continue to be so.

20. Last but certainly not least..., my God, who is real and He cares about us all.

There you have it. 20 things I am grateful for and it wasn't that hard to do. If you feel inclined do the same on your blogs and tell me so I can read them.

Have a nice day everyone.

7 comments:

LIFE IS GOOD! said...

You know when you read someone else's list you realize there is alot on their list that you agree with. I think I will just take everyone's list and add it to mine. Good list!.

Avry said...

YOU ROCK!! mmm bacon especially if it is a bit on the crispy over cooked side. Cheryl snores?? ;)

Thank you for sharing that list- it does mean a LOT. :)

Tigersue said...

5. Animals. Especially north american animals like moose, deer, horses..., oh you know what I mean.

See you aren't so different from us Canadians after all!!!!!!!!!

I will do this list, I promise, but it might be closer to Thanksgiving.

carmilevy said...

Amen to this. Thank you for reminding us how important it is to take the time to reflect on the things that truly matter. A truly heartwarming post.

Followed your link home from Pamela's blog, and I'm so glad I did: I like your zeitgeist.

Pamela said...

beautiful post
I could have written it except I don't like milk or listening to anyone snore (;

darkfoam said...

cheryl's lucky that you find her snoring comforting.
i punch my husband when he snores ..

Tigersue said...

I did my list!