Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Catching Up

My gosh I did not realize it has been so long since I last posted. Not much has happened to make posting worthwhile. Both of us are fine although I am in trouble at church. Seems as though some of the members think I tease my wife too much. I cannot help it if they are a pack of duds who wouldn't know how to laugh at life's problems or at funny things in life. Cheryl and I do and she has her moments with me that are quite humorous.

Well, we now have a new president. I say the following without any prejudice or feelings one way or the other. I would not want to be Mr. Obama. He is a man with a very large target on his back and if he gets assassinated while in office there will be race riots that will beat all the others. Too many hate groups out there and too many fanaticals on the loose.

Has it been cold where you live? We have lovely days but very chilly and the nights are COLD!! Makes me think of those who live in Iowa. Gets up to zero degrees and it feels like a heat wave.

I am having a very bad case of the blues lately. Only one more football game until next fall. What am I going to do??????? Of course this years Superbowl will be a pushover and a lot of the interest has waned since Pittsburg is so much more dominant than Arizona.

Been doing quite a bit of genealogy lately. Unfortunately it has not been on my line. I love to do the indexing on line and a lady came to me and just knew she couldn't find any more information on one of her relatives. I just had to prove her wrong. (Yes, I am a showoff.) I hate it when people won't make an honest effort in their research and just write that relative off. I found a bunch of stuff for her but would not tell her how I did it. I told her she had to take the sites I gave her and find it herself and I would check back with her. The interesting part is that she and her husband work in the local Family History Library and need to learn how to do these things so they can help others.

I am having a new set of dentures made. I have worn dentures since the day I graduated from high school and the set I have now are over 30 years old. Needless to say they are worn down. The reason we chose now to get a new set is that my front tooth fell out and I looked like I just came from North Carolina or wherever those rednecks hang out.:) (Have you ever heard a redneck speak German?)

Best close and get back to doing nothing. It takes all my concentration to complete the task.

Have a nice day everyone.

5 comments:

Avry said...

If your pretty lady isn't complaining to the members of the ward then they can just mind their own dang business! Obviously if you two have lasted this long then I think all is well right?? :)

I am ready for warmer weather too! Looks like I am not the only one in the family without my front teeth. I wonder how long my Bridge will hold up until I have to replace it. Good luck with the new dentures.

Tigersue said...

You changed your header!!!!!
Good to see you around.

darkfoam said...

nawwwwww, i ain't never seen no redneck sprechen sie deutsch ..
you should a lost your 2 front teeth before xmas ..
don'tcha know you could have asked for them as a christmas present then. "all i want for xmas is my 2 front teeth .. those plastic ones from the dollar general store." never mind .. i'm just being silly.
it's really been very cold for here. temps in the 10s and 20s.

Luuuuuuuuv your header btw..!!!

LIFE IS GOOD! said...

Good to hear whats going on with the Delaney's. Your just dang lucky to have my sweet sister as your wife for all the teasing you do to her.

Pamela said...

you changed your name -- and showed up out of your alphabetical sequence on my bloglines.

we've had 28-30 degreese and freezing fog. very discouraging and downright chilling to the bone. Feels colder than when it was 4d