Thursday, January 01, 2009

No picture today, just a mental one. Happy New Year by the way. Yup, 2009 is officially here be that good or bad only time will tell. Now about the mental picture..

I couldn't sleep last night and, no, it was not because I was excited about the new year coming in. It was because I drank a Dr. Pepper late at night and the eyes just went "boink" in the open position and the rest is history. I finally got to sleep about 5 am which is about the time Cheryl decides to get up. When I awoke she was downstairs putting things away and I lay there wondering how I could make her day a jolly one. My thought, although I did not go through with it, was to get a sheet, wrap it around me like a diaper and jump out at her saying, "Happy New Year!!"

Why did I not go through with my plan? Wellllllllllll, I love my wife and even she can only take so much before it might have serious affects on her. I didn't want to start 2009 off with a funeral!!! So I saved her life today by behaving and all is well in the Delaney household.

Have a happy and fun day everyone.

4 comments:

darkfoam said...

you are a very mean man. i have a very visual imagination and am able to visualize things quite well.
so, now for the rest of the day i'll have this image of an irishman man jumping out of the bed wrapped in sheets .. ;/

and i had a beer last night ..
i slept quite well ..

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Yeah, I can visualize a large belly, messed up hair, scraggly beard and no teeth. Now if that would not scare the new years expectations out of you I don't know what would. You would want a whole six pack of beer.:))

Pamela said...

I would have paid to see you as the New Years baby.

Caffeine effects me the same way.
Big Eyed Bird (A birdwatcher's description)

LIFE IS GOOD! said...

Catching up on all your post. Glad you had a good Christmas. The dollar store idea was cute. Smart about burrowing in like the squirrls. We were in that awful storm. Made it to our destination driving very slowly.