Thursday, January 08, 2009

I was thinking about my children the other day and am not sure if I told anyone about our miracle boy, or he was when he was younger. I told the story of my son Pat who died when he was 2 1/2. That is on an old blog wayyyyyyy back when. The story I tell today is about my son Michael who is living proof that miracles really do happen.

When Mike was born all seemed very normal. He had all his appendages, mentally was in great shape, normal in every way. However as Mike grew older we started noticing things that disturbed us greatly. At the age of two he demonstrated behavior that was not considered normal behavior but we just accepted it as part of growing up. By the time he was four he really demonstrated behavior that was not acceptable. We went to the doctors and got the same old answers, "He is just normal and will grow out of it." As time went by and he matured he did not grow out of it.

One day I was walking down the hallway and Mike was using the toilet. From within the confines of the bathroom I could hear the song, "Plop,plop, fizz, fizz. Oh what a relief it is." Not normal!!!!!

At this stage of my life I cannot remember all the things Mike did to our family but believe me when I say it was plenty. One day I had all I could take so I looked at him and said, "Mike, if you don't stop what you are doing I am going to knock you into tomorrow so you can find out how the markets are doing." The little turd just laughed at me. That made me madder so I went to catch him and show him I meant business but he could run faster than me. Since that day I have referred to him as my miracle child since it is a miracle he lived from day to day.

Actually he is a real good son. He made me laugh so often when he was living with us. Now he has two sons just like him and I see justice in action when I visit them.

That is my story for today and I am sticking with it.

Have a nice day everyone.

4 comments:

Tigersue said...

lol!!!!!!!!!!

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Hey SuzieQ it is good to see you back.

Jeralee said...

LOL... good old Michael. Haven't seen him in YEARS. He is the only cousin I have that is close to me in age. Although I do recall that I am exactly 5 days older than he is.

Anyway, that story reminds me of the young Michael I knew, way back when - when he was knee-high to a grasshopper and you guys were living in I.F.

Before you moved to the lovely cesspool known as RockSprings. He he... ;-)

darkfoam said...

somehow i think he got his sense of mischievousness from his dad ..