Thursday, December 01, 2005

Oh How I Love Christmas!!

Here is a picture of my Christmas hero. This is how I feel about Christmas each year it comes around. It is so commercialized that I hate going to the stores, I hate driving on the roads and I hate not having enough money to give my wife what she truly deserves. (NO, JANET AND AMBER SHE DOES NOT DESERVE A NEW HUSBAND!!) It seems that every year there is some kind of emergency that eats our money up and leaves us with nothing to purchase for each other. My wife cheats though. She is so gifted at crafting that she manages to come up with some sort of item that she gives to me. I, on the other hand, have no skills.

I have always maintained that I don't need a special holiday to get a gift for my wife. I guess that is why during the year I will get her this and that just because I love her. Christmas should not be about gifts in the first place. It is the time to celebrate the birth of our Savior.

Do you listen to Christmas music much? I find it amazing how so many artists (??) can ruin the good old Christmas songs so badly. I was listening this morning to Winter Wonderland and it was so bad that I had to listen for a while to understand what song was really being sung. Even the religious songs are butchered beyond belief. (I must be in a complaining mood today)

We got our Christmas snow this week and it is still snowing. Nope, I won't complain about it because we sure need to keep our water supply built up. Now next spring when I want to go fishing at my favorite fishing hole I might complain because it is still frozen or the road full of snow; that is when it gets serious.

To those of you who might read this blog, merry Christmas and have a safe one. (Yes Amber, that includes you but only if you stop trying to call E.T. in the mother ship.)

No comments: