Saturday, August 12, 2006

I can sure tell everyone is starting to think very seriously about school starting. Teachers are getting their classrooms ready, college students are already on the road and school districts are getting their transportation vehicles ready. Busy, busy, busy. On top of all that the county fairs are going like crazy. Kids are primping their animals, adults are showing off their creations and here in Idaho the rodeos are a dime a dozen. I still have not gone to one. Cheryl wants to but seems like she always has some other thing going when the rodeo is on. At our county fair they have an "antique" catagory so I thought that next year I would enter Cheryl. Never know she might bring first place.:) They don't have a catagory for me which would be the old, broken down pieces of junk.

Here the farmers are harvesting grain like there is no tomorrow. Each time the sky clouds up and looks like rain you can hear the anti-rain chanting going on.

What do I do when all of this is going on? Well, normally I would go fishing and enjoy myself but this year I lucked out and got a job with the Preston (Napoleon Dynamite) school district. I will be driving the activity bus to ball games, musical thingys, more ball games and etc. Actually I am looking forward to it very much.

Well so much for my boring life. Think I will take Cheryl and go check out a campground that people have been telling us about. Might even try a little fishing.

I cannot close without showing off a picture of my two new granddaughters. Everyone was trying to get Amber to quit putting her hands in front of her face while they photographed her so Rylie took matters into her own hands.




Have a nice day everyone.

2 comments:

..................... said...

Here students have already been in school for a week. Waaaaay too early in my opinion.....

those granddaughters really are cute, irishman.

Lowa said...

Yes, I love getting geared up for fall! LOVE IT! Summer has gone by pretty fast this year, which is great, since I don't like summer!

I know you will enjoy driving that bus. You have worked and studied hard for that and you deserve it:)

Those grandbabies are so cute! That is funny that Rylie held her newborn cousin's arm down! The poor child needed help. At that age they can't control the flailing about, so her sweet cousin helped her right out. So nice they will grow up together!