Wednesday, August 23, 2006

WOMEN!!! It used to be that I would say, "If it weren't for sex I would hate women." Now, I have to say, "If they didn't turn out to be such good cooks I would hate women." (Just kidding gals)

It doesn't matter the age, they don't listen. Take yesterday for example. Part of my pre-trip instructions, which come from the school district, is to make all passengers aware of safety issues such as remaining in your seat when the vehicle is in motion. Do not open safety hatches unless it is an emergency. On my particular bus it is, don't open the windows, they are all emergency exits. Did they comprehend? No!! Did they listen? No!! Did I repeat myself several times? Yes!!

This is the girls soccor team that I am talking about. Soccor. It is a game that makes paint drying look exciting. (Just kidding again) Back to my issues. I no sooner got the words out of my mouth about the windows when almost every window in that bus was opened. The coach and I just shook our heads in disbelief. Remain seated... oh how I wish. There must have been a large pile of ants in one section of the bus cause that particular group could not stay seated if their lives depended on it.

I worry about it somewhat. All it takes is one quick stomp on the brakes and someone could be seriously injured.

All in all though, they were a good bunch of kids. Wound up tighter than most clocks, but a good bunch.

I didn't get home until 0130 and so I am going to go and take a little nappy pooh since I got to leave again at 1500 this afternoon. (That is 3:00pm for those from Germany and England)

Have a nice day everyone.

4 comments:

Fried Lemon Pie said...

Thanks for the time translation...you were confusing me!

Lowa said...

I am sorry you were so frustrated. I think it is the age, not the gender! LOL My kids are the EXACT same and I have mostly boys.

YOu have more patience than I do, I will tell you that!

Alpha Male said...

suggestion....after they get where they are playing and time to go home or back to where ever...state rules again ...when they disobey pull off the road and stop when they ask why your stopping state the rules again and tell them that you are not moving the bus untill they listen.... when the are late tell them to tell the principle why they are late ....safety is on your side....and coach should be too....

so you big grouch how are you otherwise.. cute pics of the babies...i'm jealous though.... want to trade a grandson for a grand daughter?

tell Cheryl we love her ....guess we love you too if we have too.

..................... said...

ahh, bus safety issues. It can be a problem regardless of school age and gender. I know a bus driver who will turn around and drive the bus back to the school if the students get too outrageously rambuctious. That is on a bus that takes the students home from school.
Also some schools will secretly put in a video camera which the parents then get to watch. Quite an eye opener to some parents..