Monday, August 21, 2006

No pictures today. Looks like I need to replenish my supply of pictures when I get the chance.

How did my first trip go? Well, it went very nicely. I felt sorry for the kids though. It was one very hot day and they played their hearts out (won both games) but I kept expecting someone to drop from heat exhaustion. One girl got kicked so hard in the knee that I didn't think she would be able to walk but she just smiled and said it hurts a little. Me, I would have been yelping all over the place.

I don't know if Saturday was an exception but they were some of the nicest and most courteous kids I have been around. Maybe it was because I threatened to turn off the air conditioning if they mis-behaved.:)

Today I go in for some more training and a dinner. Tomorrow I drive to Rupert, Id, Wednesday I drive to Pocatello, ID, Thursday I drive to Burley, ID and Friday and Saturday I got to Cokeville, WY for an overnight trip. Yep, they are keeping me busy right now. I love it.

If my blog does not produce much this week it is because I am a little busy. My niece stopped by yesterday and surprised me by saying she reads my blogs quite often. It would be interesting to know who all reads them and why they don't comment. I have to be careful what I say about my relatives because several of them read the blog.:)

My brother in law is not doing good. What should have been a fairly routine operation has turned into a full fledged life and death movement. I highly doubt he knew I was in his room but I whispered in his ear that someone needs to get better so the snow can be shoveled this winter. I don't think he appreciated that kind of encouragement.

Good to see some of you are back blogging. We all have our dry and busy spells don't we. Since I don't have any pictures I will leave this thought....

Butt Surgery
A married couple was in a terrible accident where the
woman's face was severely burned. The doctor told the husband that
they couldn't graft any skin from her body because she was too skinny.
So the husband offered to donate some of his own skin.

However, the only skin on his body that the doctor felt was
suitable would have to come from his buttocks.

The husband and wife agreed that they would tell no one
about where the skin came from, and requested that the doctor also
honor their secret. After all, this was a very delicate matter.

After the surgery was completed, everyone was astounded
at the woman's new beauty. She looked more beautiful than she ever
had before! All her friends and relatives just went on and on about her
youthful beauty!

One day, she was alone with her husband, and she was
overcome with emotion at his sacrifice. She said, "Dear, I just
want to thank you for everything you did for me. How can I possibly
repay you?"

"My darling," he replied, "I get all the thanks I need
every time I see your mother kiss you on the cheek."

I can't remember if I included this before or not... oh well, I AM getting old you know.

Have a nice day everyone.

2 comments:

..................... said...

I'm really sorry about your brother-in-law. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

I'm also glad you are having a good and busy time driving that bus. Well behaved children on a bus are a true blessing. But it also doesn't hurt to threaten them a little :).

You, silly man, just have the corniest jokes and corniest photos of anybody I blog with.....:).... and that's not a bad thing..:)

ps: if you have relatives who do not blog themselves you might want to allow anonymous comments.

Tigersue said...

Hello there. I'm sorry about your brother-in-law. I will pray for you and your family.