Tuesday, September 19, 2006



Being one who fights the battle of the bulge I was quite shocked to find that after all these years the weighing procedure has been done wrong. I don't remember who sent me this picture but I got quite a kick out of it. Maybe it was Dana that sent it to me and now we know how she lost so much weight.:)

We got our first snow the other day. It never made it to the valley floor but it was mighty close on the foothills. The wind was blowing and very cold. I loved it. I felt sorry for the kids playing soccor though. Those uniforms are not made for keeping them warm. At least the ones running up and down the field were somewhat warm but the goalies had nothing else to do but stand there and freeze. Lots of goals scored in the game.

Cheryl has been quite good lately. No mischief to report. She has been canning pears and apples so that keeps her fairly busy. Still lippy though. I keep singing the song to her about an attitude adjustment but she ignores me. I wanted to do something special last night (heh, heh, heh), but she said she had a headache and didn't want to. Not too often I want to drive 35 miles to eat at Red Lobster. (I hope that is what all of you understood me to mean.)

Another busy week staring me in the face but not like last week. The school even put me up in a motel one night so I wouldn't have to drive home and then return withing a couple of hours. Someone asked me how I could drive bus since I have been on disability, I forget who it was that asked. Welllllllll, quite frankly I was a little surprised myself. I went to the doctor and he approved it so here I be. I truly expected him to deny me but he felt after two operations and etc, etc I was good for this. I will be honest in saying my disability does not affect my driving for short distances (200 miles tops) but longer than that it would be a problem. I don't have to lift anything, which I could not do, so it works out.

Last week I took a bunch of girls to a volleyball game and on the way home they got to be quite noisy. I got their attention and motioned for them to hold it down. From the back came this voice saying, "We're sorry Mr. Bus Driver. You know you love us anyway." I couldn't help but start laughing and told them I was still thinking about that one. The kids have treated me very well.

Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry for not getting to your blogs or posting like I want to. When I am not driving I am doing name extractions from old documents so they can be put in an electronic format and put out for the genealogical world. It is truly rewarding to do this.

Have a nice day everyone.

2 comments:

Tigersue said...

I am doing extraction too. Lots of fun isn't it.

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Tim, that is so funny. I think I might have to start weighing like that! I have gained about 5 pounds or more. AGGGHH